• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Media Update (Last weeks, today!)

I thInk it's the bullet slamming into them that changes their momentum. If someone is standing still and you shoot them in the front they often fall backwards. If you shoot someone running away from you in the back the kiss that ground extremely fast. Shooting someone sprinting towards you and you stop them in their tracks.

Upvote 0
I thInk it's the bullet slamming into them that changes their momentum. If someone is standing still and you shoot them in the front they often fall backwards. If you shoot someone running away from you in the back the kiss that ground extremely fast. Shooting someone sprinting towards you and you stop them in their tracks.
This is exactly how it does not work in reality. I don't want to provide my sources though if you know what I mean. Sadly there is more than enough footage for that in the world wide web.

One of the best ragdoll/deathanimation system is GTA4/5 although it might be a bit slow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This is exactly how it does not work in reality. I don't want to provide my sources though if you know what I mean. Sadly there is more than enough footage for that in the world wide web.

One of the best ragdoll/deathanimation system is GTA4/5 although it might be a bit slow.

Exactly. And plus, when i shot someone on their back when running ingame, they just do the same, they lose all momentum.

Upvote 0

That's how it works in movies. Those tiny bullets don't have nearly enough kinetic energy to drastically change the momentum of a person's much larger mass.

Upvote 0
Yeah, basically all the projectiles have a force value that they impart on a victim when they hit. It's pretty low for the bullets, but it's still high enough that you can sometimes see some slightly weird behaviour. They're leftovers from many, many years ago. We can look at reducing those numbers (you need something though), but it'll be closer to release.

Someone asked about enemy loadouts - the answer is no. No enemy loadouts.

And on jumping stamina, it still does drain stamina, but the amount it uses has been lowered. We didn't want to cripple people after 3 jumps, but we also didn't want people bunny hopping like idiots, so it's a fine line to walk. The CS method of lowering movement speed immediately after a jump is also even less realistic, so we opted not to do that.

Upvote 0
One thing that RO2/RS has that I like so much is sprinting while crouching.

It feels so natural that it spoils FPS games for me that do not have it. I always naturally try to sprint while crouched only to stand up.

---------------

A possible innovation on top of this might be sprinting while prone. A sprint while prone would be a scramble on all fours which is certainly feasible and common when in danger. To prevent players from doing it too much, have it drain stamina more quickly in the process. Oftentimes it is annoying to move small distances forward while prone. This could help and add a bit of quality of life to the game.

---------------

Another thing that would be nice and immersive is a limping animation if shot in the leg along with an appropriate screen bob effect while moving. The current slow-mo hold gun in front walking animation is just weird.

Here is a video that shows what such an effect might look like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kRHN_4Th2c

P.S. The screaming and heavy breathing effects also in there, I've mentioned it before in several posts but voice acting like that would be nice as the bullets start flying.

Last edited:
Upvote 0