• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Media Update - Ithaca Pistol Grip

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Hello everyone! We are back with another media update for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam. Today we want to highlight a pistol grip variation of the Ithaca shotgun in addition to a new location that is being worked on (this map has yet to be officially named). Nestled between some mountains, this quiet jungle valley is about to heat up!

As always, remember that what you are about to see is a Work In Progress: (Also, we know Ithaca is misspelled in the webm.)

As an additional reminder we won’t have anything up for the week of Gamescom but are prepping for some big news before we go to PAX West! Expect to see more of this valley and what action it can hold for players soon!.

http://rs2vietnam.com

[url]https://twitter.com/RS2Vietnam[/URL]

https://www.facebook.com/RS2Vietnam

Reactions: JanMz
    Brembo;n2266657 said:
    Two questions:
    1) Is this small blood spot all gore game has or this particalut build stil has bugs in blood reflection?
    2) Are these white phosphorous arty shells exploading at the end of the video?

1) No, as we saw in the M79 video there is a bug with shotguns and blood spray effects that we are working on.
    2) Indeed they are.

Upvote 0
    Brembo;n2266690 said:
    Thank you. Another quick question - can firearms destroy small objects like that fence behind VCs? If I remember correct in RO2 on maps like Spartanovka you could destroy the fences.

It's possible, but it's up the their level designers, and if they revamp the destruction replication, if I remember correctly it's 300ish or more such objects will start to effect the server and game play, performance wise.

Upvote 0
    Gang Scraked;n2267105 said:
    I'm liking the the inclusion of weapon variants. Is there any difference, stats wise, between the buttstock variant and pistol grip variant of the Ithaca 37?
    Yes, a little. The "Stakeout" version you're seeing above is lighter and shorter (doesn't collide against walls as easily while you're aiming), but has more recoil and no bayonet by comparison to the Trench Gun version. Instead it has a tighter freeaim box and when it ironsights, you'll notice that it doesn't go all the way to the eye, it's slightly offset. Any of our weapons that have either no stock or a folded stock (pistols excepted) use this offset position for aiming, which is essentially a close quarters mode with better visibility and greater ease of quick aiming adjustments while not being quite as precise. Stuff like spread and damage per pellet are the same though - it's the same shells fired out an identical barrel, so there'd not be any real difference.

Basically this version is meant for use at very close range, in trenches and tunnels or thick folliage, where the trenchgun's extra length is a drawback. Try to use this at any longer range than that though and good luck hitting anything. That's what the Trench Gun is for. There's a third variant too, which is different again, but you'll see it when you see it. :)

Upvote 0
    For the Ithaca in this thread and its trench gun sibling, yes. However I can't necessarily say the same of all our shotguns. The M79's buckshot round has a whole lot more spread, but it also has 20 pellets, so I'm not entirely sure where its lethal range ends. On the other hand, the 30" IZH43 keeps a tighter shot pattern out further, so it's quite effective beyond 50m.

Reactions: Laggy
    Upvote 0
    PsYcH0_Ch!cKeN;n2267148 said:
    For the Ithaca in this thread and its trench gun sibling, yes. However I can't necessarily say the same of all our shotguns. The M79's buckshot round has a whole lot more spread, but it also has 20 pellets, so I'm not entirely sure where its lethal range ends. On the other hand, the 30" IZH43 keeps a tighter shot pattern out further, so it's quite effective beyond 50m.

BTW which semi auto shotgun VC get? MC 21-12 or some trophy?

Upvote 0