• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

maybe a "Hardcore" mode in the future?

Potato Sauce

May 17, 2009
maybe add an optional mode in the future, or change suicidal mode so that there is NO heads up display of your health or ammo? similar to what COD4 had as i reckon this would make the game even more exciting to play not knowing how much health you are on, but with some extra animations such as fumbling when you reload your gun when you are on half health, slightly blurry vision etc.

any thoughts on this? I like it how the game already removes the cross hair for a touch more realism so this could be an expansion of that for those who want to seek an extra challenge.

I believe you can already choose to remove your HUD.

If someone wants to play "Hardcore" as you've described it, they can just turn off the HUD, turn blurriness on (if they turned it off) and find a Suicidal game.
I think he might be referring to having a forced option on dedicated servers though, instead of an individual player option. Otherwise you could "claim" to have HUD off but really be playing with it on.

Upvote 0
Well, if you did put up a server on suicidal mode with these 'HaRdCoRe' changes, then I doubt you'd be getting many players.
And I wouldn't want suicidal mode to be replaced with hardcore mode
So some other option would probably have to be added.

But regenerating health, Exploding 9mm rounds, Quick knife attacks and other fun things sound fun /end sarcasm

Upvote 0
I was thinking if ever a crosshair gets added, then a no HUD forced option should exist. Otherwise as it is it isn't that hard to play without it. But taking away everyones happy day without their crosshair and forcing them to ironsight would be simple in terms of adding challenging situations.

I was thinking that hip-firing could become less stable as well (considering you aren't holding the gun against your shoulder, I doubt a shot from the hip would be just as accurate.)

There's already an indicator of when you're at low health though, you start breathing heavily and you walk slow and **** starts blinking red.

Upvote 0
I was thinking if ever a crosshair gets added, then a no HUD forced option should exist. Otherwise as it is it isn't that hard to play without it. But taking away everyones happy day without their crosshair and forcing them to ironsight would be simple in terms of adding challenging situations.

I was thinking that hip-firing could become less stable as well (considering you aren't holding the gun against your shoulder, I doubt a shot from the hip would be just as accurate.)

There's already an indicator of when you're at low health though, you start breathing heavily and you walk slow and **** starts blinking red.

I can almost guarantee there will never be a crosshair added in this game, so don't worry about that.

I agree that hip-firing needs to be less effective. It should only be effective at point-blank ranges, but it's usable at medium range.

I would support a enhanced-realism mode for sure.

Upvote 0
I can almost guarantee there will never be a crosshair added in this game, so don't worry about that.

I agree that hip-firing needs to be less effective. It should only be effective at point-blank ranges, but it's usable at medium range.

A lot of people on the ignorant steam forums are crying for a crosshair because it's "too hard" to play without one and because games like L4D and Zombie Panic have one. I'm not saying I want one, I ****ing despise the idea of it. But if it happens, there should be both an option to turn it off, and for a forced no hud or enhanced realism play option.

Upvote 0
At first I was a bit annoyed with the lack of a crosshair in this game, but now it's something I like the way it is, it adds more of a challenge. And believe me this game needs more of a challenge. Just the other night I played on a 32-player server and we easily beat KF-Farm on suicidal, many of us even survived the Patriarch. Although I somewhat blame this on the fact that kiting is so easy...

Upvote 0
i'll almost bet my bank account that no KF or RO game will ever have crosshairs since that is something that has made TWI's games so realistic and unique and set them apart from the mainstream fps games.

no hud is a good idea to make things even more challenging. individual players can do that on their own side, but i believe servers can force no-hud or that there is a mutator to force no-hud. actually i'm pretty positive there is a mutator out there used for some RO realism servers.....don't know if it will work for KF servers or not

Upvote 0

Ofcourse it will.
Bullets travel further than 5m.
So, even if I grabbed a bullpup, hip-fired in a direction of some specimens, I would hit them
Besides.
Hip firing a winchester at distance instead of using the iron sights shows you have skill :)
well, it's fun atleast

Upvote 0