• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Mauser C96 - did I read this right??

Ok, so if I level the C96 up to lvl 50 (serious grind I know..), then it's a fully automatic weapon???

I ask as the other day I was on Red Oktober, managed to sneak up to a German trench, drived in bayonet charged only to be turned into mincemeat by a pistol (kill came up with picture of a C96).. now way was it a one round kill, I was too close and quick for that.. I'm assuming if it was the C96 then it was auto and I got emmentalled!! :eek:

Anyone got this up to lvl 50 yet? and if so, what's the rate of fire like??

It's handy in a tight spot if you're at extremely close range and don't expect more than one enemy. But otherwise it's about as useful as the AVT on fully automatic.

It is basically a mini-ppsh though, since it fires the same round at the same rate of fire. But it has less ammo, will be a bit less accurate, and has significantly more recoil than a ppsh. So with this in mind... best to keep it on semi-automatic most of the time.

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

Red 9, gangster weapon :cool:

Upvote 0
its a lot more inaccurate than ppsh, however as its a secondary its just awesome having a little smg in your pocket. it has a fire arc like the avt ( straight up), without the bigger round you best make sure more than one of those rounds hit, beyond 15m, its better to go select fire.

To me the avt can be the most lethal out of all the assault class,in certain situations, escpecially in 1v1 cqc meetings like in barracks/grain, its also the best at hip firing, the ppsh can do this but i prefer the lethality of the bigger rifle round :D its certainly an acquired taste though.

Upvote 0
I enjoy the level 50 C96 very much, it is definitely one of my most used weapons since I like to play AT Soldier a lot. However the recoil on the gun is very high in full auto, so don't even try to hit anything past 25m on full auto unless you can master the art of the short burst. It is very accurate on semi-auto mode, and the recoil is pretty low. Also, since the rate of fire is so high on full auto, the 20 round magazine is emptied in no time. I feel that the stopping power per round seems pretty weak compared to the TT33 as well. It is an overall amazing weapon, but at the same time it is not the "perfect super-pistol that makes the game unbalanced" like some people like to think it is.

On a side note, the level 50 C96 is technically called a M712 Schnellfeuer, a variant of the C96 with a fire selector and a detachable 20 round box magazine.

Upvote 0
Mine is still around Level 11.... got a ways to go.

Last night I was playing Apartments as Russian and while we were fighting for the final cap (Square) some German guy with a sniper rifle was shooting us from our buildings / behind, so I spawned and went after him with my TT33 but he was waiting and unloaded his P38.... I wounded him though and as he was bandaging up, another guy on my team came in right behind me with a level 50 C96 and tore him up with the full auto.

..... he didn't come back to that spot. :cool:

Upvote 0