• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Matchmaking Issues Investigation

Yoshiro

Senior Community Manager
Staff member
  • Oct 10, 2005
    East Coast
    Players, we are looking into issues that the matchmaker may be having across all platforms and are looking for additional information to help us find the root of what may be causing these.

Please let us know here the following:
    • What happened
    • When is it seen and/or Matchmaking Settings
    • Party size
    • World location when tested
    • Internet Connection Quality
    • Hardware specs (or console)
    • Any applicable info that will give us greater clarity to who and how people are affected
    The more details we have the better chance we have of tracking down these issues. Off topic and unfriendly posts will be removed from this thread to make it easier for the team to find the information they need.

Last edited:
    Most common problem I've had is freezing upon entering a public game. Feels like it happens more on zed landing than any other map, but isn't limited to it. Usually larger parties (4-6). US servers, Ps4 Pro (boost mode and supersampling enabled, still happened before both modes were added). Excellent connection (24-40 ping on average). I also have over 160 items in my inventory, dunno if that might have anything to do with loading in or anything, but thought I'd add it.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    On PC, whenever I do server takeover and invite a buddy or buddies, most of the time it tells them that I'm not in a server. Then they will have to go and search for the specific server and join that way vs. an invite I sent them. The other thing as well, is there are random times when a game will end due to a loss and when the server starts loading up the next map it will kick everyone back to the main menu. I've seen it happen a lot, with a few people not full groups. Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
    On xbox 1, us central, 25mb internet speed, party size of one. Can't play online from menu, but can play if I join a friend's game or am invited. I have no inventory says it's "populating" and the marketplace items are blank with a red sign that says "25% more". Upon being able to play online the zeds are default to me but still have halloween skins to others. I forgot to look at ping while I was playing but did notice the maps seemed to be constantly rendering here and there. On the vault menu still shows dosh being added but no animation to the meter. I can still play offline and as far as I can tell player actions are unhindered on offline and the few online games I played last night. I hope this helps you guys out.

Upvote 0
    Doodle Pirate;n2326327 said:
    On xbox 1, us central, 25mb internet speed, party size of one. Can't play online from menu, but can play if I join a friend's game or am invited. I have no inventory says it's "populating" and the marketplace items are blank with a red sign that says "25% more". Upon being able to play online the zeds are default to me but still have halloween skins to others. I forgot to look at ping while I was playing but did notice the maps seemed to be Pnr Status TextNow VPN constantly rendering here and there. On the vault menu still shows dosh being added but no animation to the meter. I can still play offline and as far as I can tell player actions are unhindered on offline and the few online games I played last night. I hope this helps you guys out.

thank you

Upvote 0
    On xbox 1, us central, 25mb internet speed, party size of one. Can't play online from menu, but can play if I join a friend's game or am invited. I have no inventory says it's "populating" and the marketplace items are blank with a red sign that says "25% more". Upon being able to play online the zeds are default to me but still have halloween skins to others. I forgot to look at ping while I 9apps cartoon hd was playing but did notice the maps seemed to be constantly rendering here and there. On the vault menu still shows dosh being added but no animation to the meter. I can still play offline and as far as I can tell player actions are unhindered on offline and the few online games I played last night. I hope this helps you guys out.
    thanks my issue has been resolved

Upvote 0
    Biggest problem for me when it comes to matchmaking is getting a game that has horrible ping. I play with friends that live on the same coast, so it's not like we're from different countries. It's consistently awful. I know the lower ping servers exist, because if I decide to try to hunt for another session using the same exact parameters via matchmaking, I'll get lucky and get one that had considerably lower ping.

Upvote 0
    Are you on PC? All you need to do is select ping filtering of below 150, in server browser's options, and then just pick any server that is 100 or less latency. Preferably, if it has workshop maps in its rotation. If you want to create your own local LAN server (on any map, be it official or from workshop, password protected) - it is not possible.

The only way to make your own game is to make a dedicated server with all the necessary dedicated server routine (such as port forwarding, downloading a handful of applications, modifying configs, nee nee nee nee, etc etc). Basically, you cannot make local friends-only games (like you can in Left 4 Dead games).

Shareit vidmate

Upvote 0
    Biggest problem for me when it comes to matchmaking is getting a game that has horrible ping. I play with friends that live on the same coast, so it's not like we're from different countries. It's consistently awful. I know the lower ping servers exist, because if I decide to try to hunt for another session using the same exact parameters via matchmaking, I'll get lucky and get one that had considerably lower ping.

Upvote 0
    I only used Server Browser to looking for match but after a window 10 update 1 day ago its started to messed up , when i click on any server , nothing happened and if i use mm system in the beginning when the game just started , ill able to be find a match but if i leave and try to find another match and guess what "connection to the host has been lost" i tried every solutions i found on google but still can't fixed it
    ps : im on EGS

Upvote 0