• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Matchmaking does nothing on my end

triath

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2005
Portland, ME
Category: Code/Network/UI

Reproducibility: Always

Summary: Clicking Play Online Now produces no result

Description: After loading the game and entering Online Matchmaking once Play Online Now is clicked nothing happens.

Setting all of the preferences to Any still never produces a result. If I leave it for a few minutes after clicking nothing is shown or said and it sits at the same screen like it timed out and just didn't inform the user.

1) Launch KF2
2) Click on Online Matchmaking
2b) Set game filters
3) Click on Play Online Now

This reproduces the result for me 100% of the time. I've attached the log of me doing the above steps and letting it sit for a few minutes and then quitting.

Alternatively I can go into Server Browser and double click on a server and it joins immediately.

Attachments

• Launch.log
    52.9 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Category: Code/Network/UI

Reproducibility: Every couple of game launches

Summary: Clicking Join in Server Browser does nothing

Description: After loading the game and entering Server Browser when Join is clicked nothing happens.

Same kind of thing as the Matchmaking issue except this time in the Server Browser. If I select a server to join and click the Join button nothing happens. This happens every couple of game launches and on one occurrence I received a Connection Lost popup after about ten minutes.

1) Launch KF2
2) Click on Server Browser
2b) Set game filters
3) Click once on the server I want to join
4) Click on Join

As I was going to make a log of this process it started to work but I felt I would mention it and update this post with a log when it does happen again.

As with the Matchmaking issue above if I just double click on a server in the server list it joins immediately and I have zero issues.

Last edited:
Upvote 0