Match\Scrim settings for Admins. Please Read!!!

  • Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Majai

Member
Nov 21, 2005
95
0
6
I have been in a few scrims so far and it seems like the trend is to restart the map and wait until the countdown begins to start the match. This is an incorrect way to do scrims and matches in the RO world. Since RO 3.X Ramm added very basic clan settings to the game and since we have a lot of new admins and old admins who don’t remember I would like to point out the 2 commands that set it up.


This is in the Game tab on Webadmin


Min Net Players - This setting defines how many players are in the match before the game will start. If you are having an 8vs8 you set this to 16 and when 16 players are in the game will start.

Players Must Be Ready - This setting will not start the game until you class is picked out. While I don’t agree with the implementation with this in RO (UTcomp style is much better for this game) it gets the job accomplished.

All admins if you are setting up a scrim please use the following setting instead of restarting the map and hoping everyone is loaded before the Pre-Start Duration countdown. This is the way ladders are going to work so if you are going to join a ladder it might be to your benefit to start using the settings.


Suggestions for Tripwire to make this a complete package for competition.

- Instead of the following players must be ready method, you should have players either type “Ready” in the console or press another key such as F5. Just because you select your class and weapon does not actually mean you are ready. This was done in UTcomp and has been a default on ladders for years.
- Warm-up Mode. Nothing worse then waiting for someone to comeback from the bathroom to start a match. This would be a way to kill idle time.
- Switch sides at End of Round. I think this should be built into the game to have the ability to force switch sides at the end of the round and not from a 3rd party.
- Have Players Must Be ready active during a new round. Just cause the round is over does not mean players are ready to go at it again. This would also help because most admins restart the map for players to switch sides which is not needed it this was apart of the options.
 

Ronin

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 12, 2006
216
0
0
Blackpool, UK
www.deathsquad13.com
Sound advice , however.....

Been on my webadmin as we have a scrim soon,

Quote =
"This is in the Game tab on Webadmin"

Cannot find this on My webadmin :eek:

Nor can i find these settings =

Min Net Players
Players Must Be Ready.

any oideas ?
 

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
12,458
1,433
0
33
Falmouth UK
We use the ready mutator its the best method for readying up before a match imho.

Anyway just look around under current and defaults for the minnetplayer options and stuff.

Minnetplayer is under defaults bots. btw.
Under defaults server you can add passwords etc etc.
 

Majai

Member
Nov 21, 2005
95
0
6
Zetsumei said:
We use the ready mutator its the best method for readying up before a match imho.

Anyway just look around under current and defaults for the minnetplayer options and stuff.

Minnetplayer is under defaults bots. btw.
Under defaults server you can add passwords etc etc.

Under bots its Min Players which is a different setting altogether. That dictates how many bots are allow with no players. So if you have it set to 10 there will be 10 bots on the server till you get 10 real players.

Min Net Players is very different by it wont start a game until the total amount specified are said.

Team Ready Mutator is fine but i was addressing new admins and people who just use the Restart. I have been in scrims already and if admins dont know the basics they will never get Team Ready Get them on the basics first then move them foward.


If you can not find the Game Tab under Default you might not be a full admin on the server. You need at least security of 1 to see that setting.

Instead of looking to the community to handle settings I would like to try and get it to TripWire's attention so hopefully by the next game this will be default.
 

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
12,458
1,433
0
33
Falmouth UK
Majai said:
Under bots its Min Players which is a different setting altogether. That dictates how many bots are allow with no players. So if you have it set to 10 there will be 10 bots on the server till you get 10 real players.

Min Net Players is very different by it wont start a game until the total amount specified are said.

Team Ready Mutator is fine but i was addressing new admins and people who just use the Restart. I have been in scrims already and if admins dont know the basics they will never get Team Ready Get them on the basics first then move them foward.


If you can not find the Game Tab under Default you might not be a full admin on the server. You need at least security of 1 to see that setting.

Instead of looking to the community to handle settings I would like to try and get it to TripWire's attention so hopefully by the next game this will be default.

I thought he wanted to know how to remove bots :p, i personally don't like the system of min net players. Too much of a hassle when you got a great ready mutator :p
 

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
2,226
85
0
Zetsumei said:
I thought he wanted to know how to remove bots :p, i personally don't like the system of min net players. Too much of a hassle when you got a great ready mutator :p

mutators are a bad idea for competitive play (and are not allowed), due to the fact that you install functions on your server that cant be checked too easily.
Im not accusing anyone, but I would prefer the functions included from the TW side.
 

Zetsumei

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 22, 2005
12,458
1,433
0
33
Falmouth UK
worluk said:
mutators are a bad idea for competitive play (and are not allowed), due to the fact that you install functions on your server that cant be checked too easily.
Im not accusing anyone, but I would prefer the functions included from the TW side.

So using the blackscreen mutator and the ready mutator are forbidden from the roladder :\.
 

Majai

Member
Nov 21, 2005
95
0
6
worluk said:
mutators are a bad idea for competitive play (and are not allowed), due to the fact that you install functions on your server that cant be checked too easily
worluk said:
Im not accusing anyone, but I would prefer the functions included from the TW side.

That is exactly what this thread is about. Let admins know there are basic settings and to bring this issue to Tripwires attention.

I agree that having 3 -4 mutators to get a match to work is pretty bad. 1 mutator with all the settings would be nice but i think this is more of TW issue then the community. There have been no new Admin\Match settings since the mod and I dont like that we are using basic UT2k4 match setting to run a totally different game.




 
Last edited:

Crube

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 20, 2006
56
0
0
Majai said:
Suggestions for Tripwire to make this a complete package for competition.

- Instead of the following players must be ready method, you should have players either type
 

worluk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
2,226
85
0
yes, the playersmustbeready doesnt really do its job, the ready mutator does a better job. Yet, as majai and I stated earlier, there are reasons not to have this in a mutator.
 

Majai

Member
Nov 21, 2005
95
0
6
Crube said:
[/color]

You should post this in the "Ideas and Suggestions" section.

I never liked the PlayersMustBeReady option. It just isn't practical, that's the
reason we had to create a mutator to do it right.


Ideas and suggestions are for clients. This type of request is really for this audience and this really began as a help\suggestion thread. All i want is to let the new\old admins know that there are setting to get a very basic match without mutators (some dont know how to install mutators to begin with). I do not support this method at all but its all we Officially have.
On top of that to get I want to get Tripwire motivated to support the competitive community with some real RO settings that would work for us.

While i like Teamwarfare they have no clue on what setting are needed for this game to run in a competitive manor.

We are running 3-4 mutators to do basic admin functions that should have been included in the game. I consider these mutators that you and the community created to be the default and i would like tripwire to see that was well and incorporate your ideas into the game as they really are apart of it.

UT2k4 settings worked fine for UT2k4 not for RO. We dont have any competitive settings to really admin this game.