• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Marksman rifle

Please do not take offence from what I am about to write. It is more for the sake of the argument, than real derision.

You see, judging (perhaps prematurely) from your registering date (which is Feb 2011), your arguments - to my eyes, and perhaps unjustly - carry a little bit less weight. In essence, yes, I have just expressed elitist attitude. Bear with me, however.

You've come here for HoS (I assume, I haven't run a background check on all your posts; I haven't run it at all). I suppose you could be called "one of the new people drawn in by the promise HoS holds for the FPS market" which is good, when we consider how lamented (to a certain extent; at a certain time when HoS hadn't yet been heard of) RO:OSTs hermetic player counts have been. Thus, your presence is good.

But you come in here fresh and make demands. This is perhaps something that not everyone who's been around for years expects. Perhaps someone will be hurt by the influx of new people who'd make demands that unnecessarily tinker with "their" game.

Summing up, I consider your use of the "go play in a different sandbox" argument to be hurting. From my point of view, it is you who should go to a different sandbox and play there, or - if for some reason reluctant to do that - learn to respect the rules that have been agreed on in this our current sandbox. Newcomers should understand and learn to respect the ways of their seniors, I believe (correct me if I am wrong).

[clarification: in fact, I do not consider myself part of the "elite" of these forums, seeing as I got into RO:OST a year or so after its debut; I have take the liberty of voicing this above opinion based on my temporal seniority on these forums - you are free to discard this as a brain-fart]

Agreed. Even though it is true the registering date is not a representation of experience (played RO since infant days of steam), my argument was not a just one. All opinions are valid.

Upvote 0