• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Marksman rifle

Alkear

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 7, 2011
Belgium, Antwerp
Hej everbody
maybe a stupid question but will the mosin nagant and the kar98k be the only rifles for the sniper(marksman). Or will we see a svt 40 / g41 with a scope (maybe for heroes)

I know the picture is g43 but i couldn't fint a g41 with scope :)

Attachments

BoeLynx

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 1, 2011
I don't remember which, but there is already a scoped semi-auto in ROST, I believe it's the SVT.

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
I don't remember which, but there is already a scoped semi-auto in ROST, I believe it's the SVT.
G43 and SVT-40

Regarding a scoped G41, I've never heard of one and I don't think the Germans produced scoped versions of it. The G43 is a different story though.

JOHN_MACCLANE

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 22, 2007
I know the picture is g43 but i couldn't fint a g41 with scope :)
Yes g41 sniper and SVT40 sniper will be surely in RO hOS (or they need to be added with a patch ;) )

G43 and SVT-40

Regarding a scoped G41, I've never heard of one and I don't think the Germans produced scoped versions of it. The G43 is a different story though.
No lemon...Sorry but there is no G43 in stalingrad...
G43 come later in war.
G41 scoped cna be used as Alkear write it.

Last edited:

Bär

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 28, 2010
Arkansas
I believe the only scope produced and used on the G41 is the ZF-41 which was in use by both the wehrmacht and the SS. but numbers were very limited as they often opted for a more high-powered and accurate rife and scope..much like the Karabiner 98 with the ZF-42 which is currently featured in ROHOS. but it is not entirely unplausible that some may have ended up in Stalingrad. they also fit in the current game structure being a 1.5x sight, stamp out the ability to upgrade and you have a rifle that very well could have been used in Stalingrad.

but as for me ...my heart will always belong to the kar.

-Colton Berg

Also the Stg44 wasnt even in production during stalingrad hardly in planning either as the Mkb was its predecessor

Last edited:
Reactions: RiccardoTheBeAst

LemoN

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 26, 2006
Prussotroll's Bridge
They are probably scared ****less that YOU might unleash your wrath on them.
Not really, but there's a lot of people very keen on historical accuracy who already find the Mkb.42 hard to swallow. :)

After all, historical accuracy has been one of the marketing/selling points of TWI, hence why I don't think the G43 would be in the game in the first place (in addition, we've got no info regarding the G43).

Also, good post B

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldih