• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mare Nostrum

It isn't really a matter of egos.

There are very few points of crossover in terms of equipment modelling, texturing and coding- in fact almost none. The only ones I can think of are mebbe some Italian and German weps between MN and CC. I cannot speak to DH and MN cos I don't know what they have in mind.

I am pretty sure each team has radically different schedules in terms of getting things done so there really is not very much possibility to co-operate without the co-ordinators of each project basically making known to non-team members (i.e their opposite numbers) what they have in mind - particularly difficult as work from the various teams can often arrive on a fairly piecemeal basis - remember that no-one is going to get sacked or have their pay cut for not doing their work in a mod team so teams have to accept work as and when it can arrive.

I really do not think there is much of a pissing contest or ego fight going on as CC and MN/DH are very different things - one an addon, the others mods. As for between MN and DH - again I cannot say.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MN and DH do share quite a lot of stuff. For example a lot of models done by our team before DH set up are being used and likewise we are going to use their Garand etc. I don't think we are duplicating any of the American content at all in fact. :)

This is true. we will probably be sharing some if not most of the British stuff between the 2 mods, make sense not to have 2 sets of models and everything for the same purpose.

As Nestor said, I am not sure if CC could use any of the stuff DH and MN are producing, but they only have to contact both teams and ask if there is anything in particular they were interested in.

We are not here to race against each other or compete to make the best Mod/Addon, we are all doing this to give RO the best possible help to grow bigger and better for all of the community.

Upvote 0
This is true. we will probably be sharing some if not most of the British stuff between the 2 mods, make sense not to have 2 sets of models and everything for the same purpose.

As Nestor said, I am not sure if CC could use any of the stuff DH and MN are producing, but they only have to contact both teams and ask if there is anything in particular they were interested in.

We are not here to race against each other or compete to make the best Mod/Addon, we are all doing this to give RO the best possible help to grow bigger and better for all of the community.

Agreed....sharing is the key and it's already happening between DH and MN :D

This is mostly because a lot of MN people are working on DH as well :D

Not sure if CC needs/wants anything...but if they ever do or if DH or MN needs something from CC then i'm sure no MOD will say no.

We've got three awsome MODs on the horizon and as an RO player I just cab't wait :D

Upvote 0
Nice to see that there's at least communication between the 3 mods. And I wasnt talking about just using one's material. Some smalltalk on irc can even do wonders. Maybe somebody has an idea not fit for his mod, but ideal for the other.

Trust me, I've walked that modpath too. Its sad to see how nasty the situation between mod dev teams can become. I've seen whole communities getting wasted because of the 'my e-ego is bigger than yours e-ego' syndrome of mods and thier leaders/members.

Upvote 0
Not sure if CC needs/wants anything...but if they ever do or if DH or MN needs something from CC then i'm sure no MOD will say no.

Well, we'll see who does the model/skin/code for the Beretta M1938 SMG first then. :) If it's you guys then much appreciated - if it's us ur welcome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Man, I cannot WAIT for Mare Nostrum to come out. I'm itching to play some North African combat, especially given how different British early-war tank doctrine is from German tank doctrine.

It'll be interesting to see how the community responds to this. Most late-war tankers play pretty much the same way: drive somewhere, park, shoot at anything that moves. They treat every tank as either a heavy or medium tank in the standard mode of the T-34/85, Pz IV H, and so on. They're just not used to the concept of a thin-skinned cruiser tank, or a slow-moving infantry tank, and the different requirements that places on tankers.

I also absolutely cannot wait to get my hands on an SMLE. I'm hoping you guys are making the bolting speed on the Enfields noticeably faster than both the MN variants and the K98. From what I've heard, the Enfield is regarded as possibly the best bolt-action rifle of the war, and certainly the fastest to chamber. It'll be interesting to see how this all plays out! :D

Upvote 0
Yea the tanks should be very interesting....as I posted above they had the north african campaign on HC last night they showed how much the british armor was down compared the axis tanks....
When you encounter an A12 Infantry Tank Mark II "Matilda" in a 1941 map, you'll wish the History Channel had been a little more detailed in their accounts of British tanks in North Africa. ;)

especially the Tiger which destroyed everything.
There were only 40 Tiger I tanks used in Africa, half of them arriving in December 1942 and the other half in March 1943. They might have "destoryed everything", but they did so only for a short while in very limited numbers.

Upvote 0
marenostrumlogo1tr9.gif

The January Tunis Telegraph is now here!

In this months publication we are delving deep into the darkened rooms where we lock our Environmental Artists away. They have been forced into giving us some screenshots of their labour in order to show you what we have cooking.

We also have the newly textured M1A1 Bazooka and our Developer Spotlight focuses on Bobjoel, one of our leading Environmental Artists.

Next month we have an interview with the man behind the Mare Nostrum Theme Music and screenshots of our British Player Model so it won't be an issue to miss!

Any questions just ask!

Upvote 0