• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mare Nostrum Summer Showcase

Yes, RO is great, but figthing at other fronts like Afrika, Italia and the Normandy with the RO game-play will be great too.

Maybe it is possible that all these Mods can be startet with the RO start button?
I don't know how i can say it right. But it will be great too have a game with all in once, if i start RO i am able to play RO_berenzina and the Next map will be MN_Tobruk and the map after Tobruk will be DH_Caen for example :)
Because the community don't will be split in 3 parts, RO-Ost, Mare Nostrum and Darkest Hour
Maybe it is possible.

Upvote 0
Yes, RO is great, but figthing at other fronts like Afrika, Italia and the Normandy with the RO game-play will be great too.

Maybe it is possible that all these Mods can be startet with the RO start button?
I don't know how i can say it right. But it will be great too have a game with all in once, if i start RO i am able to play RO_berenzina and the Next map will be MN_Tobruk and the map after Tobruk will be DH_Caen for example :)
Because the community don't will be split in 3 parts, RO-Ost, Mare Nostrum and Darkest Hour
Maybe it is possible.
It is possible, but I think the whole philosophy of the mods are different.

They want to have a seperate loading, seperate game class modification.

Upvote 0
SgtH3nry3 doesn't actually speak for us, so to clarify our position I'd like to say the following. The truth is our fundamental gameplay and concept is much the same as RO. We plan to build upon their good work, not to create an entirely new game. The fundamental gameplay of RO is something I personally love, and while we want to expand and enhance it with large quantities of new content, we don't want to lose that core gameplay experience.

We do however want to be able to create a custom experience, such as having our own menus, music and classes. If however we can work out how to get servers to run maps from multiple mods and RO together to allow users to just switch between them on the fly we will definitely encourage that. UT2k4 handled different gametypes on a single server (ONS, CTF, TDM etc.) so it may well be possible. I’d personally love to be able to view all servers from any mod or RO vanilla, and pick exactly what map and mod I wanted.

But there are also issues such as that if not everyone has the mod, a server switching between mods could just empty as half the people don’t have the content. Some people may not want to play some of the mods, maybe North Africa or Normandy aren't your cup of tea.

Whatever happens you can rest assured we will have the community first and foremost in our minds when we make any decisions. We may be working on this project because of our own personal interests, but it’s you guys who will have to play it to make it a success.

Upvote 0
That would be ideal.. to have MN, DH and CC maps along with RO selections all in the same vote menu. Then you could just fly between locales at a vote. Same gameplay, different atmosphere, common overall genre. Ahhh utopia.

That would be nice, but if it is not possible or a decision is made not to do so, could we have all of the mod servers show up under the RO vanilla server list. At least this way we can see which maps are up and how many players are out there, even if we have to jump out of RO and into the mod to get to it. Even if this is the lowest common denominator between the mods, there will be a common place to see all of the servers and action going on on-line and it would, in my opinion, keep us all part of one community.

Upvote 0
That would be nice, but if it is not possible or a decision is made not to do so, could we have all of the mod servers show up under the RO vanilla server list. At least this way we can see which maps are up and how many players are out there, even if we have to jump out of RO and into the mod to get to it. Even if this is the lowest common denominator between the mods, there will be a common place to see all of the servers and action going on on-line and it would, in my opinion, keep us all part of one community.

Thats the only way I see it working. You cant have servers that only run one mod or the other. Its the only sensible option really.

Upvote 0
Hehe question.

What does:

"Sweeney
Todd
Tobruk

Closer
cuts for
jerry" mean? :)
Sweeney Todd is a famous murderer in English history. He was a barber in London and killed people with a razor -- it was often said that he gave his victims a really "close shave" lol... So it looks like some British soldiers had a sense of humor and wrote that Sweeney Todd was in Tobruk, giving out "close shaves" to all the Germans ;)

Wiki profile

Upvote 0