• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mare Nostrum - Community Fight Night

I had fun tonight (afternoon for me) and was glad it was organized. Not only did it give us a time to coordinate getting to play, it helped fill up some maps that needed playtesting so improvements can be done for future releases. In any case, it sure beat guessing when players will be available to play.

Looking forward to it again!!! :)

Upvote 0
This may not be the thread for it, but I'll put it in anyway, in the hope someone will see it.

I find MN interesting, though the terrain seems less likely to produce interesting maps. There's just so little you can do with infantry and tanks on terrain where a significant elevation is considered to be 10 meters. I know that there are places where the terrain is more convoluted, but the maps will have to be carefully made to avoid the mindless charge and die routines of some of the ROOST maps. Though with the smaller caliber guns, charges by tanks could be a lot of fun. You can't allow the 88mm guns to be in many maps since they would be extremely dominant.

Upvote 0
This may not be the thread for it, but I'll put it in anyway, in the hope someone will see it.

I find MN interesting, though the terrain seems less likely to produce interesting maps. There's just so little you can do with infantry and tanks on terrain where a significant elevation is considered to be 10 meters. I know that there are places where the terrain is more convoluted, but the maps will have to be carefully made to avoid the mindless charge and die routines of some of the ROOST maps. Though with the smaller caliber guns, charges by tanks could be a lot of fun. You can't allow the 88mm guns to be in many maps since they would be extremely dominant.

well firstly.. keep in mind there were alot of mountain passes that were fought after..

but also.. Mare Nostrum will encompass more then just the Africa theatre.. it will eventually move into Italy.. but also several of the more minor theatres that surrounded the Mediterranean (greece comes to mind)

Upvote 0
So nobody really answered this so I just want to check again. If I look for severs on any given night with no filters I come up with no servers. Am I doing something wrong or are the generally no servers running?

You proabably have an outdated version. Download the full installer (1.2) from their page

Upvote 0
I doubt most people in the U.S. have heard about UTC time.

We usually refer to Eastern Standard Time (EST), or CST (Central),
or PST (Pacific).

You might want to edit your message for us Yanks, because I'm sure some people do not have a clue what EDT is

Anyway, this is a handy time conversion chart:

For states and areas that observe Daylight Savings Time in the spring and summer (most places):

GMT EDT CDT MDT PDT (e.g., EST= EDT (Eastern Daylight Savings Time)

20= 4PM 3PM 2PM 1PM

For areas that do not observe Daylight Savings Time:

GMT EST CST MST PST ALA HAW

20= 3PM 2PM 1PM 12PM 11PM 10AM

Last edited:
Upvote 0

or PST (Pacific).

You might want to edit your message for us Yanks, because I'm sure some people do not have a clue what EDT is

GMT ATL EST CST MST PST ALA HAW

21 5PM 4PM 3PM 2PM 1PM 12PM 11AM

You might want to insult our intelligence in the right week.

Upvote 0
Update: this is correct (I originally had GMT 21, and the game actually starts at GMT 20:00):

or PST (Pacific).

For states and areas that observe Daylight Savings Time in the spring and summer (most places):

GMT EDT CDT MDT PDT (e.g., EST= EDT (Eastern Daylight Savings Time)

20= 4PM 3PM 2PM 1PM

For areas that do not observe Daylight Savings Time:

GMT EST CST MST PST ALA HAW

20= 3PM 2PM 1PM 12PM 11PM 10AM

Upvote 0