• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Maps w/ obj. mode in workshop don't show in map cycle w/ server set to Objective Mode

MrRogersBestNeighbor

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 3, 2015
As the title states. If a map on the workshop has an objective mode, the only 3 maps that show up on the map cycle when the server is set to Objective Mode is Steam Fortress, Outpost and Zedlanding.
You can manually switch to the maps on objective mode via the WebAdmin and they work fine. But players can't vote on them as they don't show up at the end of a game. (And yes, the maps have an objective mode IN Objective Mode. NOT objective mode in Survival Mode.)
I posted this in Server Support thinking maybe there's something I need to do, but didn't get a response. So I assume this is probably a bug?

Yoshiro;n2333543 said:
This is something we are adding a functionality for in the next update. However map makers will need to include a custom map.ini with their map moving head.

Thank you!
I don't make maps (I run a couple servers/test maps), so I don't know what that'd involve. But as long as it's on the Wiki or somewhere with some instructions, that'd be great. So at the very least, if they're not sure how to do it, I or someone else can direct them somewhere for simple instructions on the workshop.

Upvote 0