• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Maps? Ostfront!

K98-Schütze[GER]

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 23, 2012
RO2 is nice, but I guess mostly players which played Ostfront are missing the flair.
Flair comes from content. Good, content like PAKs and stuff - most people lost hope.
But content are also good maps and Ostfront/Darkest Hour/Mare Nostrum had enough of very interesting and exciting maps.

New maps are also fine, like 'Bridges of Druzhina', but unfortunally very rare played these days.

Which maps would you like to see in RO2?
Extended old Ostfront maps?

those 2 are already ported

and how many 64slot server run them with more than 20 player or a bunch of bots?
yeah those two are and are a blast to play on ro2.
One server you guys should be looking for is the rgn custom server. It has no bots at all and only plays mod maps. The problem is, most people don't bother to play on a server with just a few people, so it stays un-filled.
If we all made the effort to stick with servers that were offering what we wanted and took the time to seed them, we'd be a lot better off.
I DOUBT MOST PEOPLE EVEN REALIZE HOW MANY MOD MAPS ARE IN ROTATION ON SERVERS LIKE RGN CUSTOM, TWB AND OTHERS.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure I want any RO1 map for RO2 because the gameplay is so different that they would have to butcher the hell out of the original maps to fit RO2. We have only 2 tanks, no transport vehicles, spawn on team leader, hyper accuracy, zoom, etc. so simply porting the old maps won't do.

Bottom line: I find it difficult to emulate the greatness of RO1 maps on RO2 so we're better off getting new maps suitable to the new gameplay instead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tractorworks would be the best bet if a ROOST map was to be remade.

Its Big and Epic and combined arms, the two current tanks would fit in ok, halftracks would be missed but its not crucial, and of course it fits in with the Stalingrad theme.

Oh man I seem to be the only one that can't remember playing on this map... :eek:

Was it a hit or just featured on some obscure custom maps server?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure I want any RO1 map for RO2 because the gameplay is so different that they would have to butcher the hell out of the original maps to fit RO2. QUOTE]
REALLY? YOU STILL HAVEN'T PLAYED ANY OF THE OST MAPS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE FOR RO2? DO YOU JUST HATE CUSTOM MAPS OR JUST ONES THAT USED TO BE ON OSTFRONT? :confused:
sorry for caps. :eek:

Upvote 0
I've haven't really had the chance to play RO2 very much yet, but some of my favorite Ostfront maps that I'd like to see return are:

Leningrad (I share everyone else's love for this map, it just played very smoothly)

Konigplatz

Der Zoo Bunker (I didn't played this map that much, but it was very memorable, very intense matches despite it's fairly large size)

Pariser Platz (much the same as above, got very intense after falling back into the square)

Thery are certainly more great maps, but those are the ones that I remember very well.

Upvote 0
I don't hate custom maps I was just saying that I would rather see new maps suitable for RO2 gameplay.

I personally think that the larger RO maps (and to certain degree even the small ones) would require a lot of rework (due to the new gameplay dynamics, absence of transport vehicles, etc.) and I'd rather see this effort put on bringing new maps. This way we can let the mappers mind run free and have creative maps exploring new fronts/periods/ideas/etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0