• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maps don't keep the servers batch files mutators upon map change.

Darklegend222

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 11, 2022
My server's batch file is: "start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab?Game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Endless?adminpassword=8801?queryport=27016?Mutator=ClassicScoreboard.ClassicSCMut,DamageDisplay.DmgMut,KFMutator.KFMutator_MaxPlayersV2?MaxPlayers=24"

When I change maps, all my mutators become inactive and I have no way of re-activating them. I've read countless threads and most are from KF1, and everyone tells me "make kfgame.ini changes", but I have no idea what changes. There's no place that makes sense to put "?Mutator=ClassicScoreboard.ClassicSCMut,DamageDisplay.DmgMut,KFMutator.KFMutator_MaxPlayersV2?MaxPlayers=24" wIthin the kfgame.ini file.

If anyone knows how I can go about making this active for each map upon changes AND be able to keep stat changes upon map switches then that would be awesome, otherwise I'll just stop using mutators and continue to play on the default settings like I always have.

PCServer-KFEngine.ini

LocalOptions=?Game=KFGameContent.KFGameInfo_Endless?adminpassword=8801?queryport=27016?Mutator=ClassicScoreboard.ClassicSCMut,DamageDisplay.DmgMut,KFMutator.KFMutator_MaxPlayersV2?MaxPlayers=24

try..

Start bat - "start .\Binaries\win64\kfserver kf-bioticslab"
I added that line onto local options in the engine.ini, and I've changed my start.bat file to only load the bioticslab map. The Mutators persist on not loading with the maps.

Upvote 0
I use the web admin interface to change maps.
That's what I thought. It always has been like that. Either do NOT use this functionality (alternative -- join a game, die, change a map using the in-game map selector) or supply all your game modes and mutators in the "additional URL variables" on the same page, e.g. ?Mutator=ClassicScoreboard.ClassicSCMut

I personally never use this as of now but I vaguely remember that I tried it a while ago and it worked.

Upvote 0