• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mapping-Contest ?

Whilst I would like one, I highly doubt there will be.

Although TWI are continuing to support KF. They just won't spend that amount of money on a 4 year old game. They want and need to focus on new things.

What I think is a more appropriate question is: How can the community contribute to the further development of Killing Floor where both Tripwire and the contributing community members can positively gain.

I'll finish the rest of my point in a new thread, I don't want to shy away from the point of this one.

Upvote 0
They don't need a mapping contest, they have Damien Laurent.

Oh well then, if they have Damien Laurent that means no one else can possibly make a decent map :rolleyes: after all Damien Laurent is the one and only god when it comes making maps for Killing Floor.

I suppose next you'll be telling us no one else should make weapons because IJC are the gods in that market.

And Mutators and monsters are Marco's department, he's the god there.

Everyone else just pack your crap up, there is no room here for you. TWI have their stars of the show.

If that's the case what a boring future KF will have.

Clearly no one minded tribal instinct going on here is there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh well then, if they have Damien Laurent that means no one else can possibly make a decent map :rolleyes: after all Damien Laurent is the one and only god when it comes making maps for Killing Floor.

I suppose next you'll be telling us no one else should make weapons because IJC are the gods in that market.

And Mutators and monsters are Marco's department, he's the god there.

Everyone else just pack your crap up, there is no room here for you. TWI have their stars of the show.

If that's the case what a boring future KF will have.

Clearly no one minded tribal instinct going on here is there.

Haha, why are you so mad about TWI not giving a **** about what you do? They play by their own rules and they couldn't care less about a modder being pissed at them (just look at the whitelist and all the people that have been waiting for more than a year).

And of course TWI has their own favorite modders or forum members and I doubt that you're going to fit in because you keep *****ing about how TWI is not giving you the attention that they should. Just take RO ladder for example. The reason why RO ladder didnt get a sponsorship from TWI, despite being the biggest competitive scene for RO since the past 8 years, is because BSwearer was a part of the team. TWI killed their own competitive scene for Red Orchestra because they didn't want to support people that were not on the same terms with them. Oh and guess who got the sponsorship instead of RO ladder? The WildBunch... *cough*friends of TWI*cough*

So anyway, I'm gonna use BSwearer's words to wrap this up:`

BSwearer said:
"Now, the really ironic thing is that almost a year before TWB* partnered with Forgotten Honor, I was offered the chance to run this tournament by the TWB* leader ButchCassidy. At the time I was thinking about creating a new site for RO2 as things were still up in the air regarding ROLadder’s plans and progress. I eventually decided that I didn’t have the time, money or energy to create a new site and that it would make more sense for everyone to work together to make one great site (ROLadder). So I let Butch know my plans, and it wasn’t until later that I realized how much pull he had to actually get Tripwire to give their endeavor support despite the fact that it wasn’t even close to meeting the credentials that ROLadder had.
[...]

Gibson and possibly Tripwire in general, sees the video game industry as not being a “typical” business atmosphere. Because of this, these middle school dramafests have been allowed to happen on numerous occasions. After experiencing all of this firsthand, I’m appalled at how professionals can lack such basic ethical principles like respect and honesty. To make everything worse, it all happens behind the scenes and thousands of costumers aren’t exposed to the true nature of the people they are supporting with their money by purchasing their products."
gnight!

EDIT: Could post the link to the website but sadly my post will automatically be edited and the link will not be valid. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Haha, why are you so mad about TWI not giving a **** about what you do? They play by their own rules and they couldn't care less about a modder being pissed at them (just look at the whitelist and all the people that have been waiting for more than a year).

You always talk with such aggression. I was told that I was the one with conspiracies. It's clear that I'm not as extreme as some would think when compared to you.

I'm not fussed what you say as probably it's right. But you don't have a clue where my intentions are. Why would TWI give a rats arse about me? I don't really care. I've never once made something about me. You always assume I'm making it about me. Maybe its because it is text on a screen and you don't quite understand how things are being said. I don't know. But you need to pull your neck in and stop being so volatile towards everything and everyone.

I'm not pissed at TWI. Why should I be. They've never done anything to me. I've always said TWI will do what is right in the companies best interests. People don't matter. I know that, other people know that. I don't see why you get so angry and lash out at people when they appose the teeniest, tiniest thing you say.

You need to chill out bud. You're all wired wrong.

Upvote 0
You always talk with such aggression. I was told that I was the one with conspiracies. It's clear that I'm not as extreme as some would think when compared to you.

I'm not fussed what you say as probably it's right. But you don't have a clue where my intentions are. Why would TWI give a rats arse about me? I don't really care. I've never once made something about me. You always assume I'm making it about me. Maybe its because it is text on a screen and you don't quite understand how things are being said. I don't know. But you need to pull your neck in and stop being so volatile towards everything and everyone.

I'm not pissed at TWI. Why should I be. They've never done anything to me. I've always said TWI will do what is right in the companies best interests. People don't matter. I know that, other people know that. I don't see why you get so angry and lash out at people when they appose the teeniest, tiniest thing you say.

You need to chill out bud. You're all wired wrong.

I'll reply to this post in details later on, but weren't you the one saying that you wanted to start a whitelisting team and be the "leader" of it?. You also said "Which immediately discriminates against me and my work. Big word discrimination and a very nasty one too. I don't use it lightly. " But yeah, I'll reply to this later. Too busy shaking my head at what TWI did.
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showpost.php?p=1147060&postcount=12

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll reply to this post in details later on, but weren't you the one saying that you wanted to start a whitelisting team and be the "leader" of it?.

Only thing wrong there is that I said I wanted to. I never wanted to. But the flak I received for apposing the "official" group forced my hand in the public eye to approach Yoshiro. Guess what? Yoshiro to this day hasn't got back to me. Surprised? I'm not.

You also said "Which immediately discriminates against me and my work. Big word discrimination and a very nasty one too. I don't use it lightly.

Big word, but accurate word. I used me and my work as an example. It was actually a general assumption of the situation. But again, it clearly wasn't far off of the pulse was it. No one came out and said, no no, everyone is entitled. No they just came out and said it was an experiment.

Again bud, i'm not disagreeing.

Upvote 0
Will there be another Mapping-Contest for Killing Floor ? :)

We currently have no plans for another KF mapping contest.

As I've spoken about previously we are looking at changes to the mapping whitelist.

As to not getting back to you sooner Hunter, I could not until we had made some decisions. They have been made and we are moving forward with something and I have replied to you.

Upvote 0
KF-Icebreaker has been the "winning" map in the mapping contest, and, okay, there's like some conspiracy theories about involving how this guy is also a Ubisoft employee and there was some foul play.

I don't really agree.

Icebreaker is a kickass map and in terms of its aesthetic and atmosphere, it really stands apart from all the other maps. Icebreaker could have been made by anyone, and it still probably would have won.

The fact that the winner is an experienced artist in the industry does make it seem a bit unfair, though. That's like putting a heavyweight champion in a wrestling tournament populated by a bunch of rookies.

Upvote 0
As to not getting back to you sooner Hunter, I could not until we had made some decisions. They have been made and we are moving forward with something and I have replied to you.

Not a problem. Thank you for getting back to me. Don't suppose you'd want to let us know what decisions have been made?

Would be awesome to get some future info from you guys.

Upvote 0