• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map with the best atmosphere/visuals?

Map with the best atmosphere/visuals?

• Foundry

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Wyre

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • Icebreaker

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Evilsantaslair

Votes: 3 5.0%
  • Manor

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Westlondon

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Offices

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • Farm

• Mountainpass

• Waterworks

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • Biohazard

• Departed

• Suburbia

• Filthscross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hospital horrors

Votes: 8 13.3%

• Total voters

Carl Gustav

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 16, 2010
Hey, i'm making a poll about the map which has the best atmosphere/visuals, not the gameplay/difficulty etc.
I'd say either foundry or wyre, foundry reminds me of bioshock and wyre is just...scary :eek:

The poll has a max limit of 15 options, so i dunno if i missed some map.

Last edited:
Its funny how some people are voting for maps like Manor or West London, I find those the LEAST atmospheric for KF because they are too well lit and generally dont look scary AT ALL. I mean, its supposed to be survival HORROR. Altho in case of West London I do admit it fits in with the theme of the story as a concept but just not in visual point of view.

I voted for Icebreaker because I remember I was absolutely stunned when I saw it for the first time on single player where the boat is also moving with the waves. Its both scary and looks visually amazing. But Bedlam is also one really good choice for this but it was missing in the poll I see.

Hospital is very well made too but I think it kinda lacks the "scary" factor by being so well lit aswell.

Upvote 0
Given the choices, are we talking only about official maps?

I appreciate the constraints of the 15-choice limitation of the poll, so I'll volunteer KF-Aperture and KF-Abusement Park as being, for me, well above average, visually. I think KF-Departed, KF-Wyre, KF-Waterworks, KF-EvilSantasLair and KF-Icebreaker have exceptional visuals, too.

It's really difficult for me to choose a favorite between them, but I have to go with KF-Foundry just slightly ahead of KF-Bedlam. They're both AAA+ examples of this engine and UnrealEd, IMO.

Upvote 0
I voted Offices, because of its place in the story. Its a little dark, with plain coloured walls, everyday office equipment giving it a convincing setting.

Its brilliant the way it looks like a normal building, and then there is that little red room on the bottom floor with a blocked off stairwell leading to the biotics lab hidden beneath the facility...

Its a small touch that makes the map very convicing to me... plus I have little flashbacks to some of the scares I got in the original offices map in the old KF Mod. Makes me naturally a little on edge while playing it :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
I voted for biohazard as I feel it is an underrated map. I find it looks great, the atmosphere is great and it plays well. My first vote would have went to bedlam, but I noticed you forgot to put it. Its atmosphere is so spooky, and it looks fairly good too. I noticed a lot of people tend to dislike it due to the darkness and difficulty.

Upvote 0