• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]WF-Saint Come du Mont

Also it was kind of weird how It the old C and D caps were available at the same time. Being on opposite sides of the map. You also had to navigate your way around E with all that spawn protection. Made the map feel restricted.

Wouldn't it be better to have the New C and the old C (new D?) active at the same time. And the old D and old E active at the same time.

Upvote 0
Also it was kind of weird how It the old C and D caps were available at the same time. Being on opposite sides of the map. You also had to navigate your way around E with all that spawn protection. Made the map feel restricted.

Wouldn't it be better to have the New C and the old C (new D?) active at the same time. And the old D and old E active at the same time.

so like this

Active Caps

Or should A and new cap be active same time??

Upvote 0
so like this

Active Caps

Or should A and new cap be active same time??

I think how you listed it out just now is perfect.

Upvote 0
Updated to B4

https://s3.amazonaws.com/redorchestra2/Saint-Come-du-Mont/WF-SaintComeDuMontB4.roe

Changelog:
Code:
Increased map time by 4 mins

Modified Reinforcements
Allies 400
Axis 380

Modified A Cap "Hotel" to make it easier for Allies to capture

Added a new B Cap at the main intersection of the town

Added a second floor to the building now in B Cap

Fixed loud chicken dying sounds

Changed Flow of caps for a more smooth gameplay

Modified Final Cap to make it easier for Allies to Capture

Added more Covernnodes

Added Satchel pickups in Windmill

Added destroyable fences

Fixed Infinite Mortar bug

Fixed several windows that could not be mantled

Fixed an invisible Ammo Resupply point in the Windmill

Adjusted brightness slightly

Overhead map is now sharper (1024 pixels now, was 512 pixels)

Thanks as always for all of your feedback :)

Upvote 0
Just running on last night's game some things were becoming a little more apparent.

The map's opening, being A to D, is now quite good. I would maybe put B into the same cap line as C & D perhaps, locking it once capped, as it feels a little weak compared with before. C & D however are spot on with how they feel right now; tough to cap, but not impossible.

E & F however have been bothering me for a while. Once these caps are reached the whole map more or less seems to be an American steamroll and the Germans just get wiped out quick. E & F however are the most glaring when it comes to these issues.
F is annoying as a defender right now as the attackers can enter it before capping C & D. While this can be seen as tactical, at least 3 games now I've seen the Americans cap F more or less as soon as D is capped. If anything there needs to be an out of bounds zone just before the barn to keep them out until the time comes to move forward. That and the fact Germans need to cross ground in front of the barn to really get to C if they want to defend it. If this is this way intentionally that is understandable, but the past few games I've played its been somewhat annoying.
E is also an issue due to F itself. For the attackers it is logical to hit F first as that effectively cuts off any defenders trying to get to E. You can go around the buildings to the west of the barn, but this is long winded and can be an issue if you compound the attackers instantly getting into F before anything can be done. If there were a solution it would possibly be having the map extend further west so the Germans could get into the barn or cinema from behind, but I'm not sure how practice it is to do that now the map's shape is more or less set.

The last two caps possibly may need a look at also, but I've not really thought about them yet. Maybe a mounted MG somewhere? The windmill is very weird right now, but I'm not sure on what to say about it.
Anyhow, disputes to my rambling welcome.

Upvote 0
A is fine

B is fine

C needs to lock when capped. Only issue with C and D really.

E, the barn needs to take longer to cap, F, the theatre is fine (I think I got those the right way round).

The windmill is a strange cap. Don't know what to say about it.

Last objective is probably the hardest to defend. It may need to extend further back a bit so there's more rome for the defenders to stand in. Also more time for it to cap would help as well. All the Americans have to do is clear one of those buildings then pile in while pinning the windows of the other buildings.

Upvote 0
A is fine

B is fine

C needs to lock when capped. Only issue with C and D really.

E, the barn needs to take longer to cap, F, the theatre is fine (I think I got those the right way round).

The windmill is a strange cap. Don't know what to say about it.

Last objective is probably the hardest to defend. It may need to extend further back a bit so there's more rome for the defenders to stand in. Also more time for it to cap would help as well. All the Americans have to do is clear one of those buildings then pile in while pinning the windows of the other buildings.

Ha, someone else said it was too easy to defend the last cap so I made it more Allied friendly last update. I am really thinking about adding a spawn across the street from the theater to help axis defend B better. I will look at the spawn protection of the barn and behind it. I know the windmill is odd, I just REALLY wanted one in the map, but it does feel off. I originally had the cap zone for it going out as far as that little shed near it. but then made it only the 2nd and 3rd floors. After I get done with this Hurtgen map, I will get back to this one. Thanks guys for the input.

Upvote 0