• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]WF-Saint Come du Mont

nymets1104

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 18, 2012
USA
Saint_Come_du_mont_cover.jpg

Download Here (114 MB) Updated 06/26/2015

Subscribe in Steam Workshop Here

**This map requires that the Heroes of the West MOD is installed which can be downloaded here or subscribe to in the Steam Workshop here

Change Notes 06/26/2015
Increased map time by 4 mins
Modified Reinforcements
Allies 400
Axis 380
Modified A Cap "Hotel" to make it easier for Allies to capture
Added a new B Cap at the main intersection of the town
Added a second floor to the building now in B Cap
Fixed loud chicken dying sounds
Changed Flow of caps for a more smooth gameplay
Modified Final Cap to make it easier for Allies to Capture
Added more Covernnodes
Added Satchel pickups in Windmill
Added destroyable fences
Fixed Infinite Mortar bug
Fixed several windows that could not be mantled
Fixed an invisible Ammo Resupply point in the Windmill
Adjusted brightness slightly
Overhead map is now sharper (1024 pixels now, was 512 pixels)

Change Notes 06/04/2015
Cleaned up floating meshes
Fixed cover nodes and Mantle locations
Fixed some collision
Added destroyable Chickens to the Barn
Added a little more cover / debris
Added destroyable Fences

Change Notes 03/26/2015
Increases Map time to 24 minutes for 64 players
Reduced brightness of exterior lighting
Changed grass material to a darker version
Added Post Processing Volumes to nearly all interiors to ensure proper lighting
Postamenos has provided darker "nighttime" textures for all trees and bushes that he created
Added many covernodes and fixed mantling on most fences and walls
Removed Artillery from both sides allowing only Mortars for both sides
Added Red zone to chicken farm when C and D caps are still contested
Removed Orthodox Church decals
Fixed several "traps" where a player could get stuck between objects
Added a few decorative objects
Added Debris and clutter near destroyed buildings and in the streets
Reduced Objective A cap time from 45 secs to 30 secs

Allies Attacking
Reinforcements: 350 for both sides (64 Players)
Time: 24 Minutes (64 Players)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The battle for Saint Come du Mont took place on June 8th, 1944 commencing at 0445 hours. Two Battalions from the 1/506th Parachute Infantry along with one Battalion from 1/501st Parachute Infantry and one Battalion from 401st Glider Infantry attacked from the East side of the town. Awaiting them were two battalions of Fallschirmj

Last edited:
Excellent, I think 40-1 needs to raise funds for a third server. A Westfront server. Currently however just with normal map rotation as we still lack a campaign surface. Now I am especially looking forward to the next update which with a bit of luck already features new voices for Germans and Americans.

I'm very curious how my lines are fitting into the map. If you need more lines, specific ones triggered on a certain event like a certain object has been captured or been lost to the enemy. Just hit me up on Steam or forums. :)

Upvote 0
That looks like a great start!

On a side note, what happened to these models?

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=99681

Also I love the map, really digging the french buildings

I've tried contacting the maker of these models. No reply. His last post was in May 2014. Though his last forum login was on the 22nd of Janurary 2015. So he's sort of around.

Then again a lot of photos of fallshirmjager in Normandy show them with standard german Parkas rather than their special camo one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:cool:

I don't know how much anyone has thought about this, but let's see.

Now, I need to emphasize that this is NOT criticism. I'm just throwing it on the plate for inspection.

Let's just examine this map for a moment alone. It's a beauty. Imagine how much depth and credibility could be added by a switch to the FJG helmet. NOW you're in the Normandy swamp region. A fairly small cosmetic change with big dividends in terms of immersion.

Final point: You take the shot down the street at the German defenders only to be greeted with some remark about "Japs."

This stuff has implications for the entire HoW endeavor, but on THIS map, in particular, it's like breaking a tooth on a popcorn seed.

Guy's ...you've got it figured out how to make gorgeous maps, and I'm completely grateful and supportive. These voice-overs need attention.
Make them go away, and you'll REALLY see some gratitude. :)

Upvote 0
:cool:

I don't know how much anyone has thought about this, but let's see.

Now, I need to emphasize that this is NOT criticism. I'm just throwing it on the plate for inspection.

Let's just examine this map for a moment alone. It's a beauty. Imagine how much depth and credibility could be added by a switch to the FJG helmet. NOW you're in the Normandy swamp region. A fairly small cosmetic change with big dividends in terms of immersion.

Final point: You take the shot down the street at the German defenders only to be greeted with some remark about "Japs."

This stuff has implications for the entire HoW endeavor, but on THIS map, in particular, it's like breaking a tooth on a popcorn seed.

Guy's ...you've got it figured out how to make gorgeous maps, and I'm completely grateful and supportive. These voice-overs need attention.
Make them go away, and you'll REALLY see some gratitude. :)

We already have a team working on new voices for both the American and German sides in order to get rid of the Jap/Russ callouts

Upvote 0