• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]WF-Port Brest

Game that just occurred was interesting. A & B flowed WAY better in the first game, plus the 2 story building gave a very good overlook for marking arty for the Americans. Before the Germans had to give up, this time the Germans got a thorough pounding! The second game was far more problematic, so it looks like it could go either way.

C however was a lot messier. The main problem seemed to be the fact the whole two streets just became a giant fog due to the tight passages being the only way forward and the American squad leaders just dumping their smokes like mad. Was thinking of possibly 2 (or maybe more) ways of changing this:

1: As mentioned by others and in a PM I sent you, the side allyways could be opened up to allow the Americans to advance along beside the streets. If that seems a bit open possibly have the allys blocked by destroyable walls. A lot of people were dropping charges to see if they could get to the side streets, and made a lot of TKs doing so. The east side of the map is possibly the best for that. Obviosuly the Germans should not need to blow up stuff to get at the back alleys.

2: The houses in the central row of the street open up and players can pass through them. I'm not sure how hard this would be (can imagine it would be a MAJOR overhaul) but one or two of them could possibly have the sides damaged so you could go directly through them. Also the actual C cap could maybe have a destroyable wall on the side ally for an additional route into C itself.

Also the number of American reinforcements possibly needs a boost. By D they had dried up totally and the Germans had about 150 left.

Aside from that, the map opening seems way better :)

Upvote 0
Hi,

Personnaly I like very hard attacking maps...so struggling to cap C should not become "easy".

People argue about how the game can be corridor gameplay.
But street progression between B and C is great!
I really think C is great for the struggle.
People hopefully will play the map more and more and will understand it...of course we need time.

But the attackers definitly needs more reinforcement.

The work made on A is good, maybe the Mg window should be more obstructed, so the mg could be more usefull.

The change in colour is nice.

Didn't manage to play D, so this could be another challenge.

Great work anyway.
I really think Caen should be rebalanced too....;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It sure doesn't look like it's overcast when you see in a rainy day, but i digress.

This building's balconey could be made accessible? i think it would change up how C plays out a bit if someone gets up there.
Also how come you haven't put the new army and ranger uniforms to use from that documentary?
The 2nd Ranger Uniforms are in this map, its actually the first map to use them.

Im no history buff but aren't they just reskinned Rising Storm soldiers?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It sure doesn't look like it's overcast when you see in a rainy day, but i digress.

This building's balconey could be made accessible? i think it would change up how C plays out a bit if someone gets up there.
Also how come you haven't put the new army and ranger uniforms to use from that documentary?

That's one of the buildings made by AMG for the documentary. The buildings are all mostly very simplistic and have no interiors. We can't just open them up either.

Upvote 0

Yes those are pre made static meshes. You might notice that I opened up a couple of them on the ground level, but it was pretty hacky and would not be really practical for a multi story building. The 2nd Ranger Uniforms are in this map, its actually the first map to use them.

I have an update that I will hopefully push out later tonight that opens up both Alleys East and West of C, along with a bunch of other smaller changes to help balance map.

Upvote 0
UPDATED To B3

WF-PortBrestB3.roe (98 MB)

Download .ini File

Download a Zip of Both Files Here (87 MB)

Thanks for all the quick and descriptive feedback from everyone.

Changelog 06/04/2015:
Allies Reinforcemets bumped from 400 to 500
Added cover to Allies fixed MG near A
Fixed ladder in Allies Building near A (wont break your legs)
Opened Both Alleys East and West of C, these may be entered by blowing walls, but alternate routes are also completely open
Added 3 Satchel Objectives near C to access Alleys
Added a large hole in the North end of C cap to enter.
Reduced C and D cap times
Added to 2 mins to map time
Expanded C, D, and E caps to make attacking easier

Visual Tweaks:
Toned down the brown/red lighting

New Screens:

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
A really good map, it can only evolve and get better. You should add some sidewalks around the buildings because it looks very empty at the moment.

A question tho, the buildings are they all from the "Show" or are they custom made?

Most of the buildings are provided by AMG/TWI

The building for B and C which can be entered were made by me.

I did take some of the statich mesh buildings from AMG and removed the doors / windows to allow them to be entered.

I have been toying with sidewalks and will def think about it for next update, thanks!

Upvote 0