• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] TE-Yakovlevo

Stay tuned, next CA update will include a total of 6 objectives.

Obective # 6, Night Witch Field:
night_witch_field.jpg

Upvote 0
Great news. Up and running on *Army of Northern Virginia (ANV) | CLOWNS | (Classic, Customs). Keep up the good work.

Played the map with some Russian players last night (9-10pm PST) on your server. I was glad to see the map playing out longer and the paired objectives providing more combat for infantry. Unfortunately I have no idea what they were saying over voice chat :confused:

Best moment was when I rammed one T34 with my HG, pushing it up onto a second T34, trapping both! Pity didn't have any AT grenades :p

Upvote 0
Whats with optimization of the map? Last version was very bad, huge FPS drop in some places.

More curious about gameplay elements, whatever. But if isn't being played because of bad FPS that's important to know. None of the server's I've been on, no players have said anything about FPS being an issue.

I'm going through another otimization pass ATM. 6 objectives release is better FPS than the 1st wheat field release is it not?.

Mind you "a pass" includes many things:
Setting cull distance on every actor that can get it (especially decals), and figuring out what numbers are "good". Chopping instructions (simplifyiong) for every custom material where I can, without making them look bad. For the wheat, making new LOD meshes and Material instance constants, same for the grass. Reducing the number of light actors. Removing shadow casting where I can. Reducing texture resolutions, and/or LOD textures/materials. Reducing draw calls and poycounts without effecting visuals too much.

Vehicle use severly pulls down FPS. Which is why the Tank version looks like a desert. Smoke, explosions, and other emitters also are a GPU drag. I can also try reduce the environmental arty some, and/or kill some emitters (not that there's alot right now).

Be curious what video cards are seeing "huge FPS drop", and what settings these are running at (monitor resolution and detail level). I haven't heard of any complaints from ppl running GTX 650's or above. Mind, there's a lot of cards below that according to this chart:

[url]http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html[/URL]

Upvote 0
I have a Gigabyte GTX 560 OC 1G, game on ULTRA (occlusion quality: normal; all boxes unticked from bloom to depth of field; 1680*1050; unlocked frame rate, average FPS on RO2 maps between 60 and 100 FPS), I5 2500K OC to 4.5GHz, 16G RAM, and I have huge FPS drops on different parts of the map, looking at different part of the map.

For example as a russian, spawn in 1, get into the middle of A3, look in the middle of B4 on the map, here I have huge FPS drop.

Upvote 0
Curious, is this the Winter version of the PzKpfw 4?

Be afraid. The Axis TL gets the cool white ghost tank with the magic black radio of death. Even looking at it makes your FPS drop through fear alone.

The Allied TL is on foot (in pic below running from bunker towards hanger). It was suicidal to be in a T34 during the battle of Kursk. I took out two with my HG :p
crushing_victory.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0