• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] TE-TheEaglesNest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just so everyone knows there is a glitch if you run this map for a match (3 rounds). On the second round for some reason the spawn protection is not resetting in front of Airfield therefore the Germans cannot defend it. I have tried everything I know to fix this but no luck (going to post something in level design thread). It's not a deal breaker as the rest of the spawns/objectives work fine.

If you don't want to have this problem just use your admin control to set the map to run only one round then it resets properly.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
A couple suggestions/things I noticed:

--Forty two minutes is a loong map length, and if the map is to be played multiple times once the bug you mentioned is fixed, a lot of people aren't going to want to play the same map for two hours.
--The terrain near the Russian spawn isn't very favorable for Russian machine gunners--there are very few spots where you can deploy with enough vertical freedom to fire at the hill where the Germans will inevitably be firing from.
--The bunker right of the Russian spawn cannot be bypassed on the right side without leaving the play area.
--Covernodes would be very useful--I know this is a WIP!

Love the map--the muzzle flash hunting is excellent, the atmosphere is really nice.

Upvote 0
A couple suggestions/things I noticed:

--Forty two minutes is a loong map length, and if the map is to be played multiple times once the bug you mentioned is fixed, a lot of people aren't going to want to play the same map for two hours. (I agree...shortened time for B5)
--The terrain near the Russian spawn isn't very favorable for Russian machine gunners--there are very few spots where you can deploy with enough vertical freedom to fire at the hill where the Germans will inevitably be firing from. What do you suggest to fix this? I want to be careful as I want people going for the CAP...
--The bunker right of the Russian spawn cannot be bypassed on the right side without leaving the play area. Good point...adjusted.
--Covernodes would be very useful--I know this is a WIP! All in due time :D

Love the map--the muzzle flash hunting is excellent, the atmosphere is really nice.

See above...and thank you!

Upvote 0
For the machine gunners, it'd just be nice if after the Russians cap A, the slope they spawn on, instead of being a straight downhill all the way to A, had a gentle ridge (nothing too outrageous) that allows people to deploy on the uphill portion of the hill and cover the mountain. If you run around on the map with an MG near this Russian spawn and try to deploy and aim at the mountain paths, you'll see what I mean. Thanks for all your hard work!

Upvote 0
For the machine gunners, it'd just be nice if after the Russians cap A, the slope they spawn on, instead of being a straight downhill all the way to A, had a gentle ridge (nothing too outrageous) that allows people to deploy on the uphill portion of the hill and cover the mountain. If you run around on the map with an MG near this Russian spawn and try to deploy and aim at the mountain paths, you'll see what I mean. Thanks for all your hard work!

Good feedback...I will try with MG myself and then make adjustments. Thanks again Nikita.

Upvote 0
Okay B5 rolling out tomorrow and let's just say this...you thought there was ambiance in this map in B4? Well my friends B5 makes B4 look silly and the maze of tunnels now under the German Outpost (B) didn't hurt either! :D

Thanks to Drecks glitch with spawns/volume protections not resetting is fixed. I have dropped the map down to 20 minute rounds...anything less you can't take the nest.

Not going to spoil the surprise I have put together....you will just have to check it out.

p.s. Don't play map alone...it will scare the *(&@#*# out of you! :eek:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.