• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map]TE-The-Univermag beta

@7-CLOWN-7/ Is your redirection server a LINUX one? I installed manually and have no problem but tonight a friend joined the server and he got the problem (no minimap, missing textures..), but we were playing together and I did not have any problem.. So he may not have downloaded the additional file.. Maybe the reference of file it looks for is not the same as how the file is on the redirection server (upper case/lower case). But I though if one file does not download, game would kick you of server saying "failed to download file blabla'

This problem is weird :D

Upvote 0
I can confirm that the props file is coming off the redirect server, its just not doing what it should be doing.

Anyone that used a server redirect to download the map check your cache folder and you will see Props_KriegstadtB9 in there.

Doc/mygames/redorchestra2/rogame/cache

The cache.ini file shows you what all the other files are for.

Upvote 0
:cool:

I'm going to clean out the client files and make one more attempt to test this one.

The props file was placed in the re-direct along with the .roe file.

In the server, I take no chances. I placed the props file in the map folder with the .roe file AND I placed the props file in the props_static subfolder.

Where the program expects to find this dang thing, it ought to be there. :)

We'll see what happens. :D

Upvote 0
I've now been playing this map several times and I do believe it's fair to give a report now.
I do like the fighting in the street leading towards to Univermag building, it feels immersive. One exception though, I dislike how several staircases have simply been plastered shut with furniture. In real war you would never allow furniture to hinder your advance into a building, especially not when it opens up a flanking route. Because sometimes you truly get stuck in these buildings due to the Soviets camping off every access route into the building with half a brain. Sometimes running in plain open sight in the street is less lethal.

The final stage, the assault on the Univermag is sadly one of the most boring and tiring things I have seen in my long RO career. There is hardly a chance to suppress the defenders successfully and also it's hard to make them out whilst the windows for the attackers are mostly in bright sunlight.
Attacking through the tunnel network sometimes leads to success but for the majority you have them filled with defenders and I must say lying there with an MG is sometimes rewarding but after some time I feel sorry for the attackers as they have no chance to kill me there as no nades or smokes can stop an MG down there.

I've sometimes even experienced some sort of phoney war where commanders would fire artillery barrage after barrage at each other and the rest of the players just camping and camping. I certainly know war is not about running like CoD but it's very boring.
I wonder if a tank for the attackers would help to bring back the flow at the final stage.

Upvote 0
Hey mate, I always ATTACK ON this map.. so when we played campaign it was very interesting to see what it was like on DEFENSE.

I found it possible to spawn rape the Russians after they captured 'C - Gogol Street'. The Russians used the spawn towards the 'Left Hand Side' of the map (Attackers Perspective)
I could actually sit on top of the rubble, 10meters away and shoot the poor bastards.... and toss in some grenades. :rolleyes::(

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With the new Beta downloady thing implemented I thought I'd give the version included with that a shot and found a really weird bug. As soon as you spawn or the respawn counter hits zero all the bots on the map die instantly without leaving bodies (one did drop an MG34, but that thing has always seemed buggy) and on occasion the player will suddenly die without any reason given.

I've only tried this in workshop mode, but it seems to be consistent on this map. Also tried the new Biblio Hill and that is not affected.

Upvote 0