• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map]TE-The-Univermag beta

The RC1 version of this map does have this issue, I can confirm. There is also a weird bug where resting your weapon on the side of some walls and objects can cause you to die as soon as the weapon rest icon sets in.

I went beyond the first spawn and it seems to be happening with all the windows further up the objectives as well.

Upvote 0
If that is the latest version, then I haven't noticed anything. However, it looks like others have noticed a problem.

The manual download / download via server redirects is not affected by this, its the version included in the new beta auto-download application:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/324850/

And yes, throughout the map I've noticed that most cover node points / mantling points and emplacement points cause you to just simply die without reason. As stated in a post I made above a little while ago it also automatically kills all the bots on the map as soon as they spawn.

Upvote 0
Our server is still running the B10 - never knew an RC1 was released at least not in this thread.

By the look of it this is the problem this new map beta thing has. Its nice as it bypasses the workshop (which is unstable) and it seems to indicate some QC going on as a nice midway point toward official release of people's works, but most people hosting the maps don't seem to know about the app's existence.

Upvote 0
They CAN'T because you have to know that it exists to search for it on steam, then find it in the list...... There is no reference as FREE DLC ALPHA/BETA MAPS on the game store pages (RO2 or RS).

Nice idea for these packs, but nobody will use it because nobody know they exist, and also some people like me (using WINE) can not use steamcmd without logging in, and these server map packs must be downloaded as anonymous on steamcmd, another thing that will make these packs more unknown..

And another unfair thing is that who decide which community maps get included?? stopping the 'off topic'

Upvote 0
If that is the latest version, then I haven't noticed anything. However, it looks like others have noticed a problem.

Nope, I had B10, my mistake.

If the new versions of some maps are only available on Steam Workshop, I'm skipping those and I will download them server redirect as its much more reliable. Still not happy with Workshop.

Upvote 0