• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-TankGunnery

I did not notice since i only tested the firearms and of course the AT rifle. I only play AT soldier or sometimes rifleman/sniper roles nothing else.

But i understand the point and if u want to make an accurate map I also agree to make the targets symmetrical. Tanks in a greater distance should be placed close to the center line this would eliminate the inaccuracy coming from the mentioned problem.
For closer targets this inaccuracy will not be so disturbing.
I assume the inaccuracy is getting bigger with distance....

Not a problem sir. Will get that addressed.

Have you noticed any issues with the long range Tank vs Tank targets? mainly on the German Side? The long distance targets on the Soviet side are very close in relation to eh center point, while the German 2+ KM targets are much further away. I had debated reorganizing the German tank targets to line up from left to right opposite of the way they are now, which would put the long distance targest closest to the center dividing wall. But if there are no issues now, I wont worry about it.

Also are there any other weapons requests I have not added? I tried to include a decent variation of at least each weapon class. I still hope to eventually have the player possibly be able to adjust the rotation of the tank or even add moving tanks but will get to this in the future.

Thanks for your assistance. :IS2:

Upvote 0
Updated Again!

Added Tank Weak Zones and Damage area Panels to both sides for the Panzer IV and T34. My Thanks to LugNut for making these great images!

Also added a fully framed window pane to the second floor of each building at the request of Temesin. It seems to be impossible to get a satchel through the window though, let me know if you succeed

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the updated map and the window frame :)

I definitely cannot throw the satchel through the window with frame, however i remember that it succeeded sometimes in-game.
It does not worth trying during game since when it is stuck in the frame you can kill yourself or furthermore some teammates who will not be happy about this :))

Updated Again!

Added Tank Weak Zones and Damage area Panels to both sides for the Panzer IV and T34. My Thanks to LugNut for making these great images!

Also added a fully framed window pane to the second floor of each building at the request of Temesin. It seems to be impossible to get a satchel through the window though, let me know if you succeed

Upvote 0
...It seems to be impossible to get a satchel through the window though, let me know if you succeed

Hi, I've tried it a few times in game and I don't think it's possible.
Satchel is too "sticky".

BTW, have any of You succeed with destroying T-34 from the front, from ~100m or more?

Sometimes i get "promising" damage but it seems to be too random, to do it effectively.

HAL

Upvote 0
Sure.
Up to level 70-75 i played axis and destroyed hundreds of T34-s from the front.
I was always aiming (mostly to the right side) of the turret ring after sometimes dozens of rounds i managed to blow it up.
Sometimes for the first shot sometimes for the 30th.
You have to be patient when shooting at the T34 from the front.

I was always shooting from a slightly elevated position probably when penetrated the turret ring the bullet hit the ammo rack and that blows up the tank.

If you shoot from the same level i think you can only kill the gunner....

Hi, I've tried it a few times in game and I don't think it's possible.
Satchel is too "sticky".

BTW, have any of You succeed with destroying T-34 from the front, from ~100m or more?

Sometimes i get "promising" damage but it seems to be too random, to do it effectively.

HAL

Upvote 0
It's hard for sure. I've never bothered to shoot enough rounds on the gunnery range, but in game it's possible.

Like Temesin said, shooting flat is a good way to kill the crew, if you kill all of them, the tank will explode. At the very least, killing the commander is very annoying for him and leaves him helpless as he changes positions. The Gunnery range is a good place to see where exactly on the ring you get the most damage, I find left and right of center. I try to shoot from the same level or maybe one floor up. From up high, you're just bouncing shells around unless you're at a steep enough angle to hit the rear vent.

You can also sometimes get penetration kills to the right of the barrel near the gunsight, this is most common on maps when your tanker is also damaging the T-34. I'm unsure if it's because the armor is damaged in that spot or the cumulative health is so low. If you're getting hits like that, it's soon to die.

Upvote 0
Sure.
(...)
I was always shooting from a slightly elevated position probably when penetrated the turret ring the bullet hit the ammo rack and that blows up the tank.

OK, I'll try with elevation.

Like Temesin said, shooting flat is a good way to kill the crew, if you kill all of them, the tank will explode.

I've managed to do that once or twice (I am playing 90% allies, so I haven't had many chances) i was writing about blowing tank itself (ammo/engine).

Thanks for Your replies.
HAL

Upvote 0