[MAP]TE-Odessa

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Sensemann

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2009
Shanghai, China
Very strange. I will try it out alone on the server, without being on teamspeak in order to determine the flak sounds being there. I swear I didn't hear anything in the first version of the map.

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
Sensemann, I was in your server the other night and heard the AA fire. It was very sporadic and did not seem as heavy as some other maps. Was easier to hear when no one was shooting.

Sensemann

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 10, 2009
Shanghai, China
Hm, thanks for clarification. Maybe I just didn't hear it then because I have TS sound higher than game sound to hear my mates clearer (not that they would talk anything of value at all :D).
Plus, I was shooting the MG much. Will check again. Thanks for clarifying.

S.N.A.F.U.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 9, 2013
Firstly, after playing a few rounds the other day, I must say your recreation does the original justice. :)

I have a suggestion or two for any future tweaking: I am wary of bringing it up, considering how I detest its use in other maps, but I think some level of spawn protection/map restriction is necessary here. In my play-through after the Allies (my team) captured Objectives A+B, I had teammates reporting regularly about a few Axis players lurking in A+B and basically spawn-camping the new spawn area from the north. I don't think that any implementation of map restriction for the Axis on this map should immediately take effect upon the Allied capture of A+B. It could kick in a few minutes after A+B have been captured so as to allow Axis players to maneuver to the new foci of firefighting around C+D and ultimately prevent spawn-camping from an unfair direction.

Another suggestion I have is to include two spawn areas for Allies once A+B have been captured. I noticed that most of my teammates, as a result of the singular spawn location, tended to funnel down the one road that leads between C+D and just throwing their selves into the resulting Axis crossfire. I think it would improve/diversify game-play if the Allies had two spawn areas at this stage, encouraging them to take the other two roadways that lead to C+D.

Lastly, you should adjust the placement of the letters and numbers on the map grid. The map grids for other levels have their grid references centered along the sides of the boxes and not centered on the corners of the boxes. I found myself having trouble relaying grid references to the team (them listening at all is another story...)

All power to you in your future map-making endeavors! :IS2:

Last edited:

BOH-rekrut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 20, 2011
germany
Update to V3

changelog:

-set the respawn time to 11 sec for allies and 18 sec for germans
- added one more elite rifle and one elite assault to the allies team
-reduce the reinforcements to 280 tickets for germans and 450 for allies
-added more enviromental sounds and effects ( wind sounds ; dust ; snow flurry)

Mikeedude

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 7, 2009
Penzance, cornwall
Excellent map mate!

It now seems to be as balanced as the original which was tough for the russians but winnable.
The only thing i found odd was the distance fog it seemed to pop up when looking from D towards where A is.

Keep up the good work mate

nymets1104

Dec 18, 2012
USA
Update to V3

changelog:

-set the respawn time to 11 sec for allies and 18 sec for germans
- added one more elite rifle and one elite assault to the allies team
-reduce the reinforcements to 280 tickets for germans and 450 for allies
-added more enviromental sounds and effects ( wind sounds ; dust ; snow flurry)

Great!

The atmosphere of this map is amazing. Can't wait to hear the added effects.

Verluste

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 3, 2011
www.youtube.com
Nice map.

One thing I discovered: the sandbags (at least those on the HQ/Square objective) are a bit too low. If you use (or not use just to take cover behind) the covernode, your head will simply stick out.

This is contradictory to other sandbags on other maps, making it basically useless cover.

Nikita

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 5, 2011
Hey rekrut,

On a full server, I've never seen the Allied team win this one, Realism or Classic.

The basic problem (which was a problem with the Ostfront version as well) seems that the Allied distance from spawn to the objective is about three times as long as the Axis distance to the objective.

I'd suggest maybe breaking from the original and opening up some more paths between city blocks, giving the Allies a choice of two spawns, or perhaps moving the Axis spawn back.

At present, it's a great looking map with a lot of nostalgia... and the interior detail in places is quite nice. It's just a little too one-sided!

aquasplash

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 21, 2011
10/10 for this old ro map but 2/10 for winter version and inside buldings are to darknes final 4/10

smokeythebear

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 21, 2005
Sheppards house
Im glad you remade this map its one of my favourites.

I dont think a 1:1 remake is wise for RO2 where there are typically more players and harsher chokepoints due to bullet penetration, more accurate smgs, less powerful nades. Maybe add some extra wrap around area to the last 2 objs to help attackers a bit.

Floyd

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 19, 2006
Waterproof
www.ro50pc.net
Thanks for the maps rekrut! I really enjoy them.

I ran into somewhat of an anomaly on Odessa the other day. (Though not historically correct), I used it in a campaign server maplist. As the Germans had one the last map, they voted to attack on Odessa. I attempted to spawned as a German Squad leader. Though I had smoke, I did not have a designation of squad leader. My SL commands did not function. iirc, the command dial for SL would not come up. It was as though I had the weapons of a SL, but nothing else.

I've forgotten what the particulars were....:( I'll be sure and make note of them next time....

BOH-rekrut

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 20, 2011
germany
update to TE-Odessa-V5

changelog:

- ready for the new patch
- added a new sewer in capzone D
-moved the first german spawn ( temporary spawn) 20 meter backward

Marta

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 24, 2006
Glad to see a custom map successfully cooked and even working.

I wonder if the other guys are having problems because of the inertia added to the river.