• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map]TE-MyshkovaRiver

We played it yesterday and there is a big problem with spawn protection wich are inexistant past the first objectives, and there is still lack of destructible for little obstacles like the little poles that are everywhere, or even the smaller trees.. please correct it, tank must be able to destroy those little poles at least, and people shouldn't go beyond ennemy spawn.

Attachments

• 2014-02-17_00003.jpg
    2014-02-17_00003.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well the last version i have been playing feels like the map has been watered down somewhat.
The reinforcements are now basically the same for both sides making it easier for the russians.
I used to like playing this map as russians for the challenge, as the reinforcements usually ran out by the end and their seemed loads of time for the axis to cap everything.This made for an exciting finish to the map.

In the latest version the axis are lucky to get to K before the time runs out and both sides have at least 1-200 reinforcements left.
To me it now feels like a stock map, sorry mate.

Upvote 0
Well the last version i have been playing feels like the map has been watered down somewhat.
The reinforcements are now basically the same for both sides making it easier for the russians.
I used to like playing this map as russians for the challenge, as the reinforcements usually ran out by the end and their seemed loads of time for the axis to cap everything.This made for an exciting finish to the map.

In the latest version the axis are lucky to get to K before the time runs out and both sides have at least 1-200 reinforcements left.
To me it now feels like a stock map, sorry mate.

i made some changes used the B4 stats , just for u

Upvote 0
Just some general comments, that when I complain about the map as an 'official' map, I can say that I was here!

Radios and arty: I know the arty timer is dependent on the map time, and on this map the cooldown is long (about 6 minutes?) - but it seems radios are rather thinly placed.

The Allies TL needs to go a long way to find a radio, and sometimes the nearest radio gets cut off by enemies and becomes difficult to get close to. This may be realistic and add drama, but I feel the Allies usually have a very hard time on this map anyway, so if there is a chance to add more radios, it would be appreciated.

As it is now, it also means the Allies really need a TL who knows the map well, and so wastes no time in falling far back to the radio and calling arty. They also need experienced SLs who mark arty because the TL will need to be so far back that he cannot do it. I suppose this is part of what makes the map challenging for Allies, but in my experience, Axis usually win this, so any small help for Allies is good in my opinion.

Cap Zones: Having plenty of caps is great, but in my experience, when the battle goes over the river, the caps seem to fall very quickly. In matches I have played on almost full servers, the Axis seem to cap up the hill very fast - one cap is taken and then the next starts to flash immediately and is taken, etc etc. It seems Allies cannot defend the capzones properly - maybe they are too big or too close and Axis have the advantage in where they spawn and the distance to the frontline? I am not sure.

Tank (and vehicles): Maybe something to consider here is while the DH version of the map had a tank, the Americans also had bazookas to take that tank down. There is no bazooka in RO2, so that tank has become a monster. Perhaps this is a reason why Axis have an easy time winning?

Also, wasn't there also a tank on the American side? And something to consider with spawns is that Americans also had vehicles to get to the front line faster on the DH version.

General comments: In general, this map is epic, and brings back the atmosphere of RO and DH very well. However, I do feel that once again it's the Allies who get the bad deal by needing the experienced players to work together, while we all know that Axis attracts more players usually. I just don't want another map where Allies need to do everything to win, while Axis just need to press 'W' and they got it!

Maybe other players have had a different experience, but mine has been on almost full servers, with Allies winning perhaps 2 matches out of 15 so far.

In any case, thanks for remaking the map!

Upvote 0
@Kowalcyzk you should check out the RC2 version as that is easy for the russians.
On the previous versions the russians needed to know and use their roles properly to stand a chance.
As for the capzones every russian team i have played on a full server (about 7-8 times), has decided to protect one cap out of the two to defend. e.g D and leave C, and prtect G not F etc.
As for the tank I agree a good tanker can ruin the map, i personally would like to have seen more destructable roadblocks!
On the DH version the transport spawns were a long distance away, maybe when the transports come out we can have some!

Upvote 0
Not the first time I experience Ghost Arty in the beginnning of the map...
German arty don't hit anything on some spots.
This was witness also by the sl who did the spotting.
Sounds of arty but no explosion and no killing...
The spot is right in the middle of capzone A and B.

I used artillery shells.
Then the game moved on, and arty came back to normal.

Playing as German on a campaign server.

Upvote 0