• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map]TE-MyshkovaRiver

BOH-rekrut

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2011
germany
release of TE-MyshkovaRiver

it has 14 cap zones
45 min round duration

roles allies :

commander
sqaudleader
marksman
MG-gunner
elite-assault
elite-rifleman
engineer
AT-soldier
rifleman

roles german:

commander
sqaudleader
marksman
MG-gunner
elite-assault
elite-rifleman
engineer
rifleman

files TP : http://www.mediafire.com/download/b96voo631tjyk9o/TE-MyshkovaRiver-TP01.rar
files WF-Stavelot : http://www.mediafire.com/download/6mm7c4jq8505l3v/WF-Stavelot-A.rar

Red Orchestra 2 : TE-MyshkovaRiver Part 1 - YouTube

Red Orchestra 2 . TE-MyshkovaRiver Part 2 - YouTube

Last edited:
Great map! Played about 3 half hour rounds on it and the battles never ceased to amaze me. The city part of the map is outstanding, open, long streets, buildings tall fat and wide. At first I thought 14 objectives was a overload but we actually ended up losing twice! Had a lot of fun with the [RGN] folks and all the community map makers too, even Ramm himself showed up :p

The only things I ask of this map are:

-More time: We stretch the map out through the 45 minutes with a pretty mid-filled server (30-40 guys) and the thing is, we don't know this map. So imagine when the defenders actually do know what positions and choke points to work, might need more time for it. Do note that this could possible change due to the lack of arty and smoke being used when I played.

-Take tanks out: The Germans did damn well without them. Just doesn't seem like too much of a CA map. Definitely add halftracks in there when they release though!

-Fix the squad list: There are only like 13 or so people on the squad list. It isn't displaying all the class slots properly.

Other than that I see this map being as popular as Bridges. This really is THE map for 64 player slaughter :) :IS2:

Upvote 0
A and B has a few problems as you know. My suggestion is a fallback spawn when one cap is taken. Then bring back forward spawns when Russian take back lost caps.

Foliage is floating some as you probably know.

The lighting is funny in some buildings as it disappears as you get close.

There should be more broken vehicles for cover in the roads. People used to live here I assume and arty destroyed the area so their stuff should be laying around.

Great map!

Upvote 0
I'd hold off balancing the map for now, on caps like A and B. The map is in a really early state and we need to see how the map plays with the tank first, if you decide to keep it in the map, and the arty. Personally, I'd like to see it stay, but I know there are some people against it. The fallback spawn that danh suggested is a good idea, but we should see how it plays when the arty is added. One arty on the building at B would effectively clear it out, which was where all the Russians were holed up in.

Upvote 0
Update to MyshkovaRiverPreBeta

changelog :

-added mortars to both sites
-removed the german tank ( doesnt work in the current RO2 version)
-added 1 elite assault and elite rifle man to the germans
-added spawnprotection zones
-added noartyvolumes
- added more cover from the 2nd german spawn to obj B
-added some heavy MG s
- increased the round duration from 40 to 45 min
- changes respawn time 15 sec for germans 20 sec for allies
- added a 2nd floor at the building in obj G
--------------------------------------------------------
-foliage has always been ,,slope rotation blend,, set to 1 ( the foliage is floating because the terrain is very uneven )

map will be available in steamworkshop

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:)

This map is generating an unusual amount of interest on our server.
I think that is noteworthy for a public that seems to prefer sandpapering a wildcat's *** in a phonebooth rather than to download a new map. I got a good feeling about this one. :D

True words.... This map is rapidly on its way to the top.

(your analogy is superb!)

Upvote 0
:cool:

I just finished some in-depth reading on the battle of the Myshkova River.
This battle was pivotal because it was the only chance of salvage the Stalingrad salient had. And it was desperate. If Paulus had initiated a free for all breakout attempt by Dec 19th, it may have been possible for a significant number of 6th Army troops to reach German lines. Unfortunately, this didn't happen.
Hoth was stopped cold at the Myshkova bridge-head and that was the end.

The principal Divisions present in the area was 6th Panzer, 17th Pzg, and 23rd Panzer. These were opposed by 3rd Guard mechanized, and later 1st Guards Rifle and 7th Tank corps. One of the Bridge-head towns was called Nizhe Kumsky.

I'm not sure when the beta will be released, but the presence of some tanks on both sides should be necessary for any degree of historical accuracy.

Upvote 0

I'm not sure when the beta will be released, but the presence of some tanks on both sides should be necessary for any degree of historical accuracy.
??? we've been testing out the beta. the files are in the first post.

p.s. thanks for the historical info of the battle. allways nice to know what we're dying for. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I just finished some in-depth reading on the battle of the Myshkova River.
This battle was pivotal because it was the only chance of salvage the Stalingrad salient had. And it was desperate. If Paulus had initiated a free for all breakout attempt by Dec 19th, it may have been possible for a significant number of 6th Army troops to reach German lines. Unfortunately, this didn't happen.
Hoth was stopped cold at the Myshkova bridge-head and that was the end.

The principal Divisions present in the area was 6th Panzer, 17th Pzg, and 23rd Panzer. These were opposed by 3rd Guard mechanized, and later 1st Guards Rifle and 7th Tank corps. One of the Bridge-head towns was called Nizhe Kumsky.

We've had this map up and running for days......

Tanks are questionable in this map as we've found the infantry combat excellent. The map does support a tank but unfortunately, it kills you when you attempt to use it.

Besides, tanks have tendency to ruin a good infantry map by forcing concentrated battle centered against and around the tanks. Consequently, the "combined" arms is seriously diluted. IMHO, this map would be better off without tanks.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We've had this map up and running for days......

Tanks are questionable in this map as we've found the infantry combat excellent. The map does support a tank but unfortunately, it kills you when you attempt to use it.

Besides, tanks have tendency to ruin a good infantry map by forcing concentrated battle centered against and around the tanks. Consequently, the "combined" arms is seriously diluted. IMHO, this map would be better off without tanks.

Understood. I'm mentioning this for historical perspective only. It wasn't simply one battle anyway, but a series of actions along the river and around the bridgeheads. It's entirely possible there were instances of largely infantry
/Panzergrenadier actions. It's a great map, and the ultimate choices are entirely up to the Dev.

Upvote 0

Understood. I'm mentioning this for historical perspective only. It wasn't simply one battle anyway, but a series of actions along the river and around the bridgeheads. It's entirely possible there were instances of largely infantry
/Panzergrenadier actions. It's a great map, and the ultimate choices are entirely up to the Dev.

Actually, up to the Rekrut and the Admins.... ;)

Upvote 0