• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] TE-Kharkov '42

Just finished a full server test. Nice map. A bit of feedback:

Fog level lightened a little bit? I kept 60 FPS. The problem with extreme fog is that it gives undue advantage with people willing/able to tweak their monitor or graphical settings.

Re-enforcements are low. Could easily be increased by 50% or more for both sides. We did not get to play much of the map due to running out of reenforcements (germans had 100 left when the russians ran out).

I trust others will add more, so those are my two bits. Ty for making this.

Upvote 0
I was getting massive frame drops usually when looking down on a lot of trees. Went from steady 60 to below 30. I even changed all the settings that were not bound to a restart from ultra to lowest and gained almost no fps.

Atleast on a Realism server the map currently favours the Axis Team. Allies run out of reinfs ~30min before the end while the Axis still has +100 left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As noted by most players on the playtest we did today, the reinforcements are way too low. Especially the allied side needs way more reinforcements. In fact in both rounds the allied side was holding the first cap very good but they lost 70% of their reinforcements. They were defending very well and they did not waste their tickets.

The general layout itself is fine. However it needs more details that can also add to the gameplay. The area in front of A needs some more cover and also some more interesting stuff. Right now its just a empty field with nothing on it at all. :)

I have to say I do like the idea of the fog to keep the visiblity low. Would be nice if we could have something like heavy snowfall on a map. This would maybe also prevent people from tweakign their settings as mentioned.

I also do like the fact that the radios for both sides are not in reach all the time. This does add a nice touch for commanders who really have to think what when they are going to call artillery.

I also like the little detail about having no recone plane because the weather is bad.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll work on the balance more, but I knew it wasn't going to be perfect as I wasn't able to test it with many people, but now that its out, improvements can be made. Keep letting me know what should be changed/added!

EDIT: (1/14/14)
Found an interesting bug with my reinforcments. The map isn't cooking with the correct numbers, but doing half of what I put in. Should have an update by tonight.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Nice map, I really like the foggy atmosphere there. Very good playable with the Immersiom Overhaul Mutator.

But It need a little polish.

e.g. the last bridge is placed a little bit too high. no car could use the ramp. :IS2:

And maybe rename it to someting like
"Kharkov Forest"
or "Wald vor Charkow" (Forest in front of Kharkov)
or "Wald von Charkow" (Wood/Forest of Kharkov)
or "Charkiw Forest"

So the name "Charkow/Kharkov/Charkiw is free for a city fight map ;) (if you want)

I think it

Upvote 0
I think the map needs lot more details like destroyed tanks, more noise on terrain (for example to attack A, or the forest after A) in the "flat areas". The map reminds me old RO1 map in the feeling, but it misses something to make it more enjoyable, at the moment I feel it too much empty. Maybe this is because I played it on a low player count..

Upvote 0
I played this for the first time today with only 1 other person. I agree with the other comments and would like to add two more:
1. The last 2 objectives cannot be captured. Check to make sure you have your objective volumes hooked up to the objective actors.

2. The last Soviet spawn zones are too close to the last objectives. Try moving them back a bit.

Nice lighting and general theme. I played this with the IOM in Classic mode. Without the FOV "zoom" the forests are pretty scary; adding some downed trees would make it terrifying. Good job so far.

Upvote 0