• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP]TE-Hill-911

Just ran around the map and it looks like it could play pretty well, just the atmosphere of the map kill it for me really.

The fog could be reduced drastically and maybe a skybox change is needed? It just feels a bit bland and dim for me. Also the terrain could use some more variety, maybe some grass or rubble, seems like there is just dirt everywhere.

As for the hill, seems super difficult, there are billions of static MGs all around and the short trees with lots of foliage uptop doesn't help with line of site for either side. Maybe using different taller trees could help.

But I like the ambient noises you put it such as the radio and sirens ^_^ the flow of the map feels very natural to me and it's not a straight objective line so that's a plus+.

I hope to get some actual play testing in.

Upvote 0
Hi all this the new update of my map :)

B5 (29/11/12) :
- add some rocks in no man's land for a better cover for russian
- try some things to equilibrate the cap for russian ( terrain, add object, spawn...)
- remove radio for Axe in the point E / F and G for a better balancing
- extend the cap time for H
- change the light to try to reduce the AXE advantage on E and F
- extend the cap zone for E and F

Upvote 0
Humm :/ can you tell me were they spawn under the map pls ?

I think i add some delays between all cap point to let german back and russian spawn at the good place !

I didn't spawn under the map, but another person did (so he says, or he fell thru the map). Unfortunately, I don't know where it was he didn't say.

When I mentioned that the Russians spawn too far forward, I noticed that they actually spawn forward of the objectives they just captured. Personally I think they should spawn just behind those objectives, not in them or forward of them.

Just my thoughts.

Upvote 0
Yes something wrong with the spawns it was actually early on. Can't remember where either but I know when I spawned I actually had Germans standing practically right beside me and they ran right past me probably not even noticing so I shot them right in the back from 2 feet away. When I did spawn one was no less than 5 feet away running away from me.

I had to recheck I was on the team I thought I was on or knew I was on. :D

Upvote 0
I actually like this map, but sadly, I've been requested to pull it from rotation. The map works fine ...But, during the loading process the load page appears to lock up. To further complicate the situation, the loading time is far beyond any other map. The public totally misinterprets the situation, and f10s out of the map. The end resullt is that the server ends up abandonned for hours until the map is manually changed. Can't afford to indulge this. I've played the map. It's rather good. But we
can't let the servers go idle for any length like this.

I'll be glad to put it back if the load behavior can be improved. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Downloaded this off Steam workshop. From previous posts it would seem it has had a few issues. i enjoyed the map but noticed that after allies have captured all but last cap (H) no more axis appear. The axis no longer appear. I could see the reinforcements ticker dropping stteadily but saw no axis die. Then I looked to the distance behind the cap zone and saw the axis fallin dead from the sky. Additionally, despit no axis players in last capzone it took several minutes to cap it. Enjoyed map otherwise and thanks for the contribution.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
Hello men :) soory for this long time without news or sign of life from few month... Personnal life is most important ! But now i'm come back and want try to fix all you say.

First, i can't change all spawn position easily otherwise the game play was completly destroyed and the german team take an advantage in distance from objectives. I can do it for someone but not for all...

After,for the loading time, i don't know why is it to long... If someone here can help me i accept with smill :D

For the H cap zone axis problem i never see it in game, yes i play the map up the last point :p I try to test these in next released but i don't know where the problem can come from...

And for G_Sajer, i don't know what you mean by graphic complexity, i can't set it in SDK, or i don't see where i can find it...

Thank you for your support men, i enjoy it ! :)

PS : If any one have an idea for object, spawn or other... :D

Upvote 0
And for G_Sajer, i don't know what you mean by graphic complexity, i can't set it in SDK, or i don't see where i can find it...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

:D First of all, I'm very glad you've chosen to make the map available again.
As for my comment, I guess it was just a clumsy way of groping for a solution for the load time. My knowledge of the sdk is very limited, but my initial thought was to slightly reduce file size somehow with as little impact on map quality as possible. It really is a very good map, and I know that it will eventually load and execute properly. But a lot of the public players don't seem to know this and abandon the server before loading is complete. I really want to see folks play this map, and it's kind of sad that players cant have a little more patience. :confused:

Upvote 0