• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map]TE-Bakovka

With the permission of Malinovskiy, as my english is bad, but his is even worse :)

TE-Bakovka(Beta2)

This map was planned by Malinovskiy as remake of original RO-Basovka map. Now it look some different, but it kept the spirit of the first one. There will be many close combat deep in trenches and epic firefights at distances 100-200 meters above. Welcome to true RO experience!

Name: TE-Bakovka_b2
Type: Infantry
Map Size: 500m X 250m
Cap zones: 5
Map time: 25 min with 64 slots
Defending side: Russians
File size: 150mb.
Redirect: yes
Author: Malinovskiy (RO.RU Community)

Player files:
http://download.gmnet.ru/games/ro2/Store/TE-Bakovka-B2.7z
Server files:
http://download.gmnet.ru/games/ro2/Store/TE-Bakovka-B2_Server.7z

Contacts:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Malinovskiy
http://www.redorchestra.ru/forums/showthread.php?t=50319

Attachments

• rogame_2012_07_21_22_58_07_315.jpg
    rogame_2012_07_21_22_58_07_315.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
  • rogame_2012_07_22_16_26_08_507.jpg
    rogame_2012_07_22_16_26_08_507.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 0
  • rogame_2012_07_22_16_30_43_930.jpg
    rogame_2012_07_22_16_30_43_930.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 0
  • rogame_2012_07_22_16_33_33_933.jpg
    rogame_2012_07_22_16_33_33_933.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 0
  • rogame_2012_07_22_16_33_43_276.jpg
    rogame_2012_07_22_16_33_43_276.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Glad to see it make it here, make sure he enters it and any future maps in phase 2 of the mapping contest!

My personal experience shows that the first objective area has some popping issues with fov and needs some frame optimization. I like the layout and the gameplay.

Also up on the Tripwire redirect

Upvote 0
Some impressions after two rounds as Soviets on the 40-1 Classic server. Cheers to everyone on Soviet team, great work everyone that night.

Can't really say much about the first trenches objective, as for the first round I only finished downloading after the first three objectives had been capped, and for the second round I was Commander and hung back at the radio waiting for artillery strike coordinates, so never even really saw those trenches (i.e. the first objective) before they were capped.

The 2nd and 3rd objectives might be interesting, but I have a feeling the underground trenches system might be just too extensive. There was a lot of fighting on the right-flank objective (from Soviet perspective), but hardly any on the left-flank — with around 40 players there just wasn't anyone there, and so it fell infiltrated by two-three Germans.

Village, the 4th capzone, looks like a fairly fun capzone, but both times it fell fairly quickly.

The last objective, as per my experience as rifleman and commander on Soviets, might be just too hard for Germans. Now this is mainly the result of the good defensive setup with many windows on the ground and first floors, as well as the left-hand auxilliary building, which offers a sort of a flanking firing arc.

The Germans had a really hard time getting to the last objective building — we only got MP40s every so often, but never was a capturing process initiated (the Germans never had more than just a handful of players in the zone, from what I noticed). One thing that could be possibly done is to decrease the distance between the village and the station — but only very slightly, for starters. Maybe cut off some 10 to 15 metres.
What was also good, was the basement entrance in front of the station: a very helpful thing for the attackers, but I don't think it was utilised even once (my guess is the attackers didn't know the map well enough to know it was there). Once more people learn about it and mass-smoke the route to it, it might prove to be too advantageous to Germans, but we'll see.

The right flank on the last objective seemed easier for Germans, as in they got into the obective from that side mostly. They got to the left-hand building a few times, but didn't consistently make the jump from there into the capzone.

The Germans didn't use their arty nearly as much as they should have, but Soviet arty seems on a good cooldown. Four minutes is just about right, I'd up it to 4:15 perhaps. There is no recon, so good coordination with SLs is crucial — I was lucky enough to have good SL who yielded jackpot locations.

On reinforcements it's a bit too early to really tell, but with a full 64 player server it seems it's going to be really close. The Germans get roughly twice as many as the Soviets at start, from what I remember, but once players learn the German routes, it might be necessary to bring down the German reinforcements a little. This is because my preference is for two sides to have run out, rather than two sides not to run out: as it was on those two rounds, the Germans had plenty reinfo to spare, even though they were getting nowhere and were being decimated, while the Soviets ran out with about a minute or so to go (this was with approximately 40 players on the server).

Server administrators will have to make sure this and the Gumrak station map are not played close to each other, because they really are based off the same map and it shows in the layout.

EDIT:

A few more ideas, as an after-thought. German arty coming down on the building was able to take out the defenders on the ground, if near windows, which was perfectly fine. I am not certain, but so was the case with the first floor, central part. What you could do is remove the roof from the left-hand side of the final objective building (from Soviet perspective) — the part of the building where the Soviet radio is.
As the Germans seemed to have an easier time breeching the right flank (Soviet perspective), removing the roof on the left-side would allow a German arty strike to take out defenders on the Soviet left flank in the objective on the ground, as well as on the first floor, and perhaps facilitate the seizing of the left-hand side building outside the objective. That way they could later stage an attack from both flanks, or just the left-flank from the building, if well-coordinated. I hope you understand what I mean.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I really like this map. I don't know why people say it's bad. The layout and overall design feels fun and balanced. The bunkers are really fun. It's got the most covernodes of any custom map I've played so far, and the custom assets are very nice and appropriate. Great job Malinovskiy! большую работу!

You got that right..... this map is totally unbiased and highly playable.

Truly well done.... :)

Upvote 0
I agree, I really like the map. It's actually pretty unbiased. Both the attackers and the defenders have to work hard to achieve victory. In this map, tactical retreat is very important, or the attackers can overrun some objectives, especially the tunnels behind the trenches. The map is simple but it plays pretty well, and that's what matters to me.

Upvote 0
Finally got to play this map a bit ago, really good design, and overall a really awesome map!

Love the underground HQ bunker, feels roomy and it's good for CQC. Large open fields, lots of slit trenches, foxholes and dirt trenches too. The final objective with the automechanic shop and being able to go down under the car underground freakin amazed me, really cool stuff.

Upvote 0
Played a few rounds on it, it's much better than all those cramped urban maps. ;)

One observation I can make is that the Soviets get pushed back easily from the first three objectives, being the trenches and the tunnels. Maybe they could spawn directly in the trenches at the match start?
However, as goes with most custom maps, maybe people just haven't adapted their tactics yet.

All considered it's a very good map, love especially the fight for the last objective.

Upvote 0
One observation I can make is that the Soviets get pushed back easily from the first three objectives, being the trenches and the tunnels. Maybe they could spawn directly in the trenches at the match start?
However, as goes with most custom maps, maybe people just haven't adapted their tactics yet.
I don't knwo if that is really needed. One of the most important tactics the Russians need to use in this map is tactical retreating. Instead of fighting to the last man in the first objective, they should retreat to the tunnels and dig in. Maybe people just have to get use to it and everything will be fine.

Upvote 0