• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Spartanovka Light tank version

CommanderShepard

Jul 2, 2014
5a54434a5f72db19efe303512a033e88.png

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=389055730

This is the original spartanovka maps with light tanks to spice things up for a change.

needs 32 or 64 players mode server to enable. tanks will not work if 16 is the max player limit in the server, if you play offline add more than 16 bots

-Added PZ3 for geermans
-Added T-70 for russians
-Added 2 Engineers and 2 AT rifle roles to both factions
-All meshes which were destructible (fences,trees,houses etc) can be destroyed by tank shells or just ramming tank into them
-Map size just 15 MB

Fast light tanks roll out and boom boom. IMO its easy to take out PZ3 with a t-70 from front if you know how to

I have not removed the hedgehogs as it would require editing and uploading the base map file thats around 120MB or more while currently this upload is just 15 MB.

So tanks will need to find their way around them or just ram through the fences to glory :D

Have fun .

Warning- this map is not suitable for Campaign Mode servers as it breaks the light tank roles when defenders and attackers are interchanged

:cool:

The frontal armor on the T-70 is remarkably difficult to crack with the 50mm long. And the AI seems to know it. The bots quickly face the tank in suitable fashion. I found that out numerous times yesterday. Don't start second guessing
balance until you've played with these vehicles for awhile.

I'll get this tested and on TWI's Crucible and place it in the featured map list for this afternoon.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:confused:

Not absolutely sure about this but there may be a file dependency issue here.
When I first ran the map on Crucible, it blew up the server. I checked the log to see why and there was a call for A Spartanovka_ART file which is only contained in the original Spartanovka map folder. We didn't have the Spartanovka map file on Crucible because we only run customs. So anyway, I placed the Spartanovka stock map back on Crucible, and the CAV map now runs ok. Just a word of caution. The stock map may need to be present on the server for the CAV map to run properly --I think.

Upvote 0
:confused:

Not absolutely sure about this but there may be a file dependency issue here.
When I first ran the map on Crucible, it blew up the server. I checked the log to see why and there was a call for A Spartanovka_ART file which is only contained in the original Spartanovka map folder. We didn't have the Spartanovka map file on Crucible because we only run customs. So anyway, I placed the Spartanovka stock map back on Crucible, and the CAV map now runs ok. Just a word of caution. The stock map may need to be present on the server for the CAV map to run properly --I think.

I imagine you are correct there.. Commander Shepard posted this on the SWS page for this map:
I have not removed the hedgehogs as it would require editing and uploading the base map file thats around 120MB or more while currently this upload is just 15 MB.

Upvote 0
Anyone else getting problems when first loading up this map. We had a bunch of players with missing packet errors when the map first loaded. On second attempt everything was fine.

Yes agree about that second spawn being not great for the attackers if the tank is over looking. Move the spawn or put in some extra cover.

Upvote 0