• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map Map Request

I could fix it, BUT you may want to ask the maps original author about it because most mappers dont want their maps to be edited by someone else. In fact the README that comes with his map specifically states just that.
I had already sent such an email to him, and on your urging sent another to him. Since there's been no response I can only assume he's abandoned KF entirely. In any case, the color filter issue renders the map quite literally unplayable, and I cannot for the life of me guess why anyone would object to someone quite literally fixing a map they've abandoned. That's imho, and I would much appreciate it if you'd fix it.

Upvote 0
and I cannot for the life of me guess why anyone would object to someone quite literally fixing a map they've abandoned.

Same here but I once fixed a map to get it back to whitelist (by adding blocking volumes on places that were missing them) and soon after the original mapper came back raging and telling TWI to remove it from the whitelist etc. The best part was, he didnt even bother fixing the map himself, he just left again and havent seen him since. Thats why I hesitate fixing this one.

BUT I will take a look at it I guess.

Upvote 0
Ok, and it seems I cant do much to fix it because the map works fine for me, both online and offline, so I dont know if my changes are having any effect on the problem lol. This suggests its something to do with graphics settings, my first guess was dynamic lighting but the map seems to have normal lighting...

Lets just hope the author gets back to it.

Upvote 0
Sometimes if you walk from a zone with color overlays enabled to a zone with no overlay set, it bugs out and everything becomes dark(Turns dark instead of blending). If there is such a bug in the map you would have to find the zone without a zone info or one without color over lay set and add/fix it.

But shouldnt that affect all players? Ive never had it and Ive played this map before. Maybe Ive been lucky, but then again this seems to happen to most people upon connecting server so it doesnt seem all that uncommon to be pure luck :S

Upvote 0
Majority of the players on my server has this problem on one of your maps, kf-lightsout-bioticslab. I must admit, I sometimes refuse to play it cause the dark goes pitch black and will not fix itself for a few seconds which at that point, im already dead cause I can't see.

I know it has that bug, it was caused when a player was standing "beetween zones". I thought it cant be fixed at first but lately I noticed the zonesheets in Biotics arent actually sheets, they are squarish which means players can go inside them I guess. In fact Im surprised biotics doesnt have any more problems because a lot of brushes are overlapping each other and such.

I'll look into fixing it soon. Same with the KotH map (assuming Slaveks guess was right).

EDIT: Hopefully fixed the Biotics bug, heres the link for it CLICK
Also updated workshop.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tap-Chan has answered me.
Thanks you ever so much for your involvment. Since people still seem to want to play it - I'll have a look on that next week
wink.gif

Thanks again.
Cheers

Upvote 0