• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [Map release]TE-Butovo

It crashes because randumbs join and they don't have the map, so they crash the server.

Simple solution: Password the server.

Yes that's a possibility, but you can't password a public server, or it would be empty all the time, and not just for this map, but for every map.
So its not as simple a solution as you think, in fact its not a solution at all.
If players are crashing the server coz they don't have the map, then why isn't Ogledow crashing all the time?
So what's the difference between Ogledow and Butovo?, well as a server admin the only difference i can see is that Ogledow had two files to install, and Butovo only had one, but i'm not a modder so i don't know if this means something or nothing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If players are crashing the server coz they don't have the map, then why isn't Ogledow crashing all the time?
maybe some people actualy read the threads and dl the map first? nah. that'll never happen! ;)
i sure hope that's not what's causing the server crash. that means we'll be having troubles till tripwire fixes the map dl from the server problem.:(

Upvote 0
Bots work fine except they get stuck on the fences you can't mantle, you can't get out of some of the pits(cant mantle)
Server crashes with 18 bots+2 players
1v1 no bots, server did not crash.

ScreenShot00064.jpg

Same here on my server..runs great with bots until more players join and then it crashes...to bad it's a fun map.:)

Upvote 0
Yes that's a possibility, but you can't password a public server, or it would be empty all the time, and not just for this map, but for every map.
So its not as simple a solution as you think, in fact its not a solution at all.
So what's the difference between Ogledow and Butovo?, well as a server admin the only difference i can see is that Ogledow had two files to install, and Butovo only had one, but i'm not a modder so i don't know if this means something or nothing.

On our server is running the Ogledow map and it also does sometimes crash on that map. Maybe it is indeed because of players trying to join the server without having the map on there pc.

I haven't looked for it yet, but maybe there is some option in one of the server files to disable the map to client uploading. In that case the server could just disconnect the client and no harm done.

Upvote 0

Ogledow contains two files: the .roe is the map file, and the .upk is custom meshes and textures and sounds and stuff.

We get people trying to join without downloading all the time (heck I did it myself yesterday -- after testing Beta 4 I tried to join the 50pc server with the wrong files and it started the dl business), but server didn't crash.

It is likely something in the map itself.

Upvote 0
The B2 is running on our 20 slots server.

We'll test it as long as we can and give you feedbacks ;)

thank you for your workd again ! ;)

edit: FIRST CRASH AFTER CHANGING MAP WITH BOTS (bots work fine ;)) at the middle of first round.

Trying without bots..

edit: It crashed few times when allies squad leader throw smokes... maybe bas luck each time.....

EDIT: i really often have this in my log:

[0930.20] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[1033.28] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[1136.20] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[1136.25] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[1198.20] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[1308.80] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'
[1308.85] Warning: Warning, Failed to load 'Class None.': Failed to find object 'Class None.'

Maybe a guy from tripwire can lead us to find what is going wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the next step to find the reason of the crash is to save all the costum stuff in an separate package

I'm just having a wild stab here based on those server log messages - but does Butovo feature ALL available player classes? Because Ogledow does, and the log appears to indicate that classes have not been found. Now, I know that RO2 stock maps are missing some classes too - but maybe there is something that needs adding to the map (some entity maybe?) when the map doesn't use all of the classes? Something that blocks the client/server from trying to load them, like a placeholder object?

As mentioned, this IS just a wild stab - made with almost zero knowledge :)

Upvote 0