• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map overview/screen in votemap menu

Apos

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 3, 2007
Europe
www.enclave.pl
Hey,

I have tiny, but useful idea to make votemap menu from end round more functional. Here's proposal how it might look like:

142c809.jpg

The main point of suggestion is to add map overview/screenshot and description. It can help to remember new maps and pick right one. I know that huge part of population is more visual-sense and it would be very helpful to get know more maps faster. Also it looks better than older menu.

what do you think?

Nice! I'd like something like that a lot. That is actually a very good idea. I hate in RO and DH when there are map names in the vote and I can't remember what map is what because they don't show a screen shot of it. Hopefully they do something like this.

That's exactly why I decided to write this suggestion. Almost every day or week modders do amazing job releasing new maps for RO and mods and that little window with map overview would be great.

Thanks for support.

Upvote 0
It was never in Ostfront because it was still the old unreal 2.5 voting system...

false.......in the map voting screen you can right-click the map name and select "show map screenshot and description." ;)

the problem is that the feature is pretty hidden in ROOST, hence a lot of people not even knowing about it. i would much rather prefer something like the OP so that players will have it right in their faces and not have to dig.

Upvote 0
Showing pictures of a map is nice, it would be nice if you could vote for the gamemode as well. aka territory, firefight or countdown.

I'm sure it will work like it's been developed for UT3 game, where map prefix tells what kind of gamemode is represent. On the PAX gameplay video we could noticed it.

E.g.
FF-Danzig (firefight)
TE-Danzig (territory)
CT-Dangig (countdown)
FF-Grainsilo
TE-Grainsilo
(...)

In that case different map pictures and map desciptions could showing different map gametypes.

Ostfront and Killing Floor had only one gamemode so all maps were called with "RO" and KF prefix.

edit: For custom maps: If I Remember good each map can have own overview picture and description so it's up to modders.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm sure it will work like it's been developed for UT3 game, where map prefix tells what kind of gamemode is represent. On the PAX gameplay video we could noticed it.

E.g.
FF-Danzig (firefight)
TE-Danzig (territory)
CT-Dangig (countdown)
FF-Grainsilo
TE-Grainsilo
(...)

In that case different map pictures and map desciptions could showing different map gametypes.

Ostfront and Killing Floor had only one gamemode so all maps were called with "RO" and KF prefix.

edit: For custom maps: If I Remember good each map can have own overview picture and description so it's up to modders.

Nah what i mean is the ability to vote for default voting configs. So for instance a server can make a TE maplist, tank only maplist etc. And that servers can allow people to vote for different sets of maps.

That functionality was there in ut2k4 but twi removed it for roost.

Upvote 0