• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] No Man's Hill

I've only played this a few times, but yeah, even on a 64 player server caps are usually fought over and taken by only a couple of players. Lots of long range sniping, but there isn't much focus. I wonder if there was a single large building in D to be taken and held, it might add more interest and variety to the fighting there. Church or civic building perhaps.

I find it a slightly unsettling map, that it's so open and also open in strategy. I like this.

Upvote 0
Danh, I played No Man's Hill yesterday and got some really awful pawn/character posing bugs.
For a few people there were missing walking animations and they just flew 1 meter above the ground.
Never saw that before, could that be a map related problem/bug?

Regards,
Blitzkrieg-Bob

I have seen that happen with bots but not players. I don't really know what to do about and I haven't seen it lately. It happens in the PIE and when I do tests on my own server.

Upvote 0
Update to B2

-Increased capture timer for all objectives
-Increased respawn timer to 17s from 10s
-Reduced reinforcement to 250 from 400
-Rearranged spawns
-Changed objective logic to be more streamlined and more tactical
-Remade puddles
-Increased terrain variations
-Fixed placed machine gun bugs
-Fixed bugged materials

Link on first page

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks like I got rid of the crazy high pings that this map caused. Also, the way objectives are handled should be much smoother and streamlined.

The basic idea is capturing D will allow you to attack enemy caps. So if Axis captures D, then the Allies caps open but the Axis caps stay deactivated. Once Axis captures the two outer caps, then they can attack the final Allies cap. Of course, at any point in the game, the Allies can push back. That is the whole point of the map! Being able to push back from the brink of destruction is an epic moment.

Upvote 0
:)

Every once in awhile one of these maps knocks our socks off. This is one of them. I'd played it before and knew it was good, but the new version has some of the most convincing terrain I've ever seen, and the game-play flows like oil. I and a bunch of the old timers spent two sessions on this last night and everyone was begging for an encore. I spoke with one of the board members about a 24/7 and he said "go for it." So we may try that for awhile. This is excellent work. :cool:

Upvote 0
:)

Every once in awhile one of these maps knocks our socks off. This is one of them. I'd played it before and knew it was good, but the new version has some of the most convincing terrain I've ever seen, and the game-play flows like oil. I and a bunch of the old timers spent two sessions on this last night and everyone was begging for an encore. I spoke with one of the board members about a 24/7 and he said "go for it." So we may try that for awhile. This is excellent work. :cool:

:) It will be an endless battle for the hill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0