• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] No Man's Hill

danh

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2012
Hi everyone!

This was originally my second map but I took a break and made Der Iwan Berg. Now this is my third map. It is a king of the hill styled map. There is a large hill in the middle with trenches surrounding it.

B2_1

http://www.mediafire.com/?jr5x36ch9f39t

Change Log:
Spoiler!

Features:
Combined Arms
Long Range and Close Quarter Combat
Trenches
Little Cover

Screenshots:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Development:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=84220

Last edited:
I am getting some complaints about the artillery and high pings. So next version probably won't have any artillery or very little.

How many complaints where there? I played it today on 40-1s classic server and it was full 64 players and it was perfect, played it with 2 friends and them with the people on the server I heard no complaints, arty adds to the charm of the map.

I remember even before where you had like that constant arty everywhere at the very beginning the map still running well on a full server.

I don't know I just think the arty adds to the map and would be a shame to have it completely removed, would be weird to have a map filled with craters and have this bombarded look but to have no arty.

Upvote 0
Well, I still do not know the reason of the high pings. I have two answers and it is the artillery or the water. The water I will change to a simpler model.

Pings jump up at least 100 once you get past 50 or so players.

99% of the time the high ping indicators are just that - indicators but the game still plays OK.

Optimization is a good idea...

Upvote 0
I won't be updating until I start hearing a ton of complaints but for now I am just going to wait and see. I don't have time to play anymore so I will have to rely on feedback from the community.

Love the innovative map design and the gameplay it produces. Only complaint for me and others I've heard is the nonstop ambient artillery. It seems odd that 2 forces would be fighting over such a small hill with constant arty raining down overhead...is it german?.. is it russian? who knows!.. but in a real battle no one would dare be advancing with such a barrage. Just toning it down a bit would probably make a world of difference. Plus, the constant noise makes voice communication kinda...errr...non-existent. Everything else is beautiful though :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Love the innovative map design and the gameplay it produces. Only complaint for me and others I've heard is the nonstop ambient artillery. It seems odd that 2 forces would be fighting over such a small hill with constant arty raining down overhead...is it german?.. is it russian? who knows!.. but in a real battle no one would dare be advancing with such a barrage. Just toning it down a bit would probably make a world of difference. Plus, the constant noise makes voice communication kinda...errr...non-existent. Everything else is beautiful though :)

Have you ever heard people say "this is what Mamayev Kurgan should of been" ? they say that because it was essential what Mameyev was, a hill that was taken honestly daily back and forth with tons and tons of artillery going off.

So you could honestly say with that example that yeah, people still attacked with barrages like that.

Upvote 0