• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Map Lists Reset

Hello, I've been having this strange problem ever-since Hillbilly Horror update 1 went live, sometimes I notice that the Map Lists seems to revert back to an original form, possibly prior to the update. Is there any reason for that, or a fix?

Let's say I add KF-HillbillyHorror to the rotation. When I check the WebAdmin after a few hours or a day, I notice it's no longer on the rotation. What gives?

Have you clicked a button saying 'save' when you add maps to rotation? Also, you can manually add maps via Killingfloor.ini. Put the repeat limit to zero also, have a good day and hope this problem will be fixed.
Yes, clicking Save, then Use.

I will attempt to screw with the .ini, I've always wondered if it could be related to something that broke in the Web Admin, as I found more flexibility in terms of quantity using the .ini with ServerAds.

Thanks, next time it bugs I'll try this. I'd hate to be re-adding the countless maps every single time, and would like to frag more than screw with the hopefully inbound Holiday Updates.

Upvote 0
Update:

This server pooped.

I went ahead and changed the .ini, and when doing so, I noticed some strange things.

For starters, the Server Name, where it has spaces in-between "Phoenix" and "Team", there's this strange ? symbol, and when reading it on the Web Admin, it's a 1/2 symbol.

I also noticed both the [DefaultKF MaplistRecord] and [KFMod.KFMaplist] were at a default setting with Santa's Evil Lair in the lists. Also, at the end of the .ini, there is also a new category after [UnrealGame.UnrealMPGameInfo], it was called [NormalKF.Map...something I forgot the rest of it, however since it's not in my primary server's ini, I deleted it.

I'm not sure why it crashes, however, I wonder if it's related to a map that's in there, some maps are not normal KF gameplay, some are Mission, some are Survival. However, *these maps were not present prior to and after the HillbillyHorror update, I added them when I wiped my server in hopes of fixing this issue but it still persists* I also took the liberty of adding one of the muts, Voting Handler Fixv2 and can now see these maps are not being selected and there's no anomaly in other maps as well, mostly stock maps (And for some stupid reason, Westlondon seems to be a popular one). This mut, as well as others, were all in my server prior to this issue as well.

Now it looks like it's back to normal. I wonder why this is, could it be related to the last update? It started to happen right when HillbillyHorror kicked off, it was a pain in the *** to have to continuously check and re-add the map onto the rotation. :mad:

Anyone had this issue? Tripwire, why you making mah KF life so hard? I'm playing other games because of this! :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You should've left alone the other maplists except for kf.kfmaplist or something. And set repeat limit to 0 so you can replay the same map all over all over and all over again. Don't touch the RO maps. Just leave the unnecessary stuff alone.
You know, I find that very strange that on the .ini file, it says Repeatlimit=4, yet on the WebAdmin it says 0...because I changed it so.

What the hell's going on...

I did the change, nothing out of the ordinary...yet.

Upvote 0
I'm also having the same problem as Starxpilot.

It seems the web admin makes changes, but only temporarily changes. They don't reflect on the ini file. The map list changes via web admin are also usually reset at some point (not sure when). When I do edit the ini file, those changes are permanent and also reflect on the web admin accordingly. It's just more of a burden to manually type in the maps into the ini file to get them to stay on the map list along with other settings that are changed via web admin.

Not sure if you guys have resolved the issue or have any ideas... It seems like I've tried everything I could think of to get it to run properly.

Upvote 0
The issue has yet to replicate itself, neither server has had that strange bug...I wonder if something really did clinch it.

However, my main server, this one: has been going offline as of late, I'm thinking it could be a GSP-side issue but I wonder if it's caused by a certain file or a setting somewhere...

I do know that sometimes I'm not able to get it to come back online on my own and have to request the GSP to take a peek at it, when they do, nothing seems to change, I wonder if it's a Server Box reset...if so, then it's possible something after the Hillbilly Horror ended broke something somewhere...agh. :IS2:

Hopefully with this season's beatings, the issue won't surface again, who is still having the resets occur?

Upvote 0
My server was also dropping new maps (after HillBillyHorror) from the default list after restarting even after using webadmin to add the maps to the list and save.

HillBillyHorror and Moonbase wouldn't stay in the default list so I had to manually add them to the INI file like so:

Code:
[DefaultKF MaplistRecord]
DefaultTitle=Default KF
DefaultGameType=KFMod.KFGameType
DefaultActive=1
DefaultMaps=kf-evilsantaslair
DefaultMaps=kf-suburbia
DefaultMaps=kf-waterworks
DefaultMaps=kf-westlondon
DefaultMaps=kf-departed
DefaultMaps=kf-bioticslab
DefaultMaps=kf-icebreaker
DefaultMaps=kf-farm
DefaultMaps=kf-bedlam
DefaultMaps=kf-wyre
DefaultMaps=kf-manor
DefaultMaps=kf-offices
DefaultMaps=kf-foundry
DefaultMaps=kf-crash
DefaultMaps=kf-filthscross
DefaultMaps=kf-biohazard
DefaultMaps=kf-hospitalhorrors
DefaultMaps=kf-mountainpass
DefaultMaps=kf-abusementpark
DefaultMaps=kf-aperture
DefaultMaps=kf-icecave
DefaultMaps=KF-Hellride
DefaultMaps=KF-HillbillyHorror
DefaultMaps=KF-MoonBase

[KFMod.KFMaplist]
MapNum=1
Maps=kf-evilsantaslair
Maps=kf-suburbia
Maps=kf-waterworks
Maps=kf-westlondon
Maps=kf-departed
Maps=kf-bioticslab
Maps=kf-icebreaker
Maps=kf-farm
Maps=kf-bedlam
Maps=kf-wyre
Maps=kf-manor
Maps=kf-offices
Maps=kf-foundry
Maps=kf-crash
Maps=kf-filthscross
Maps=kf-biohazard
Maps=kf-hospitalhorrors
Maps=kf-mountainpass
Maps=kf-abusementpark
Maps=kf-aperture
Maps=kf-icecave
Maps=KF-Hellride
Maps=KF-HillbillyHorror
Maps=KF-MoonBase

The new maps seem to stick now even after restarting the server. Maybe there's something screwy with my provider (GameServers).

Upvote 0
My server was also dropping new maps (after HillBillyHorror) from the default list after restarting even after using webadmin to add the maps to the list and save.

HillBillyHorror and Moonbase wouldn't stay in the default list so I had to manually add them to the INI file like so:

Code:
[DefaultKF MaplistRecord]
DefaultTitle=Default KF
DefaultGameType=KFMod.KFGameType
DefaultActive=1
DefaultMaps=kf-evilsantaslair
DefaultMaps=kf-suburbia
DefaultMaps=kf-waterworks
DefaultMaps=kf-westlondon
DefaultMaps=kf-departed
DefaultMaps=kf-bioticslab
DefaultMaps=kf-icebreaker
DefaultMaps=kf-farm
DefaultMaps=kf-bedlam
DefaultMaps=kf-wyre
DefaultMaps=kf-manor
DefaultMaps=kf-offices
DefaultMaps=kf-foundry
DefaultMaps=kf-crash
DefaultMaps=kf-filthscross
DefaultMaps=kf-biohazard
DefaultMaps=kf-hospitalhorrors
DefaultMaps=kf-mountainpass
DefaultMaps=kf-abusementpark
DefaultMaps=kf-aperture
DefaultMaps=kf-icecave
DefaultMaps=KF-Hellride
DefaultMaps=KF-HillbillyHorror
DefaultMaps=KF-MoonBase

[KFMod.KFMaplist]
MapNum=1
Maps=kf-evilsantaslair
Maps=kf-suburbia
Maps=kf-waterworks
Maps=kf-westlondon
Maps=kf-departed
Maps=kf-bioticslab
Maps=kf-icebreaker
Maps=kf-farm
Maps=kf-bedlam
Maps=kf-wyre
Maps=kf-manor
Maps=kf-offices
Maps=kf-foundry
Maps=kf-crash
Maps=kf-filthscross
Maps=kf-biohazard
Maps=kf-hospitalhorrors
Maps=kf-mountainpass
Maps=kf-abusementpark
Maps=kf-aperture
Maps=kf-icecave
Maps=KF-Hellride
Maps=KF-HillbillyHorror
Maps=KF-MoonBase
The new maps seem to stick now even after restarting the server. Maybe there's something screwy with my provider (GameServers).
Exact same GSP as well.

Looks like the new maps are sticking as well, let's see how painful the event turns...XD

Upvote 0