• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Map Cycles Disappearing [Bug Report]

Summary: Map Cycle will randomly disappears for some players on the map voting screen postgame.

Description:
The Map Cycle on my servers will randomly disappear for players or not fully load the whole list. I noticed after a game ends, there's sometimes slight lag before the all the postgame scores appear. After this lag, the map cycle will not appear or fully load for some players. By "some players" I mean not all players in the lobby are affected. You can see in my screenshots that a map was voted successfully but the person who took the screenshot cannot see nor click anything in the map cycle. I've been troubleshooting this issue for the past 2 months and I've concluded it's a game bug and there's nothing I can do to prevent it. This bug started happening around the Halloween updates when the functionally to click Top Voted Maps was added in I believe.

I've done the following to ensure there's no mistake on my part
  • Deleted and recreated default configuration files (Game & Engine)
  • Deleted the servers to create entirely fresh new ones
  • Ensured the map cycle is enabled and using ActiveMapCycle=0
  • Ensure there's no mistakes like missing quotations or parentheses.
  • Validated server files.
Common Misconception: I do have an extremely large map cycle that has little to nothing to do with the cause of the bug. I've always had that amount of maps and never had any issues. I even added 3,000 listings to my map cycle as a stress test and it still loaded everything. I witnessed this bug on someone else's server and they had less than 100 maps. Out of 5 games, 1 time I could not see the map cycle in that server. Friends have told me they've witnessed this bug on other servers as well and not just mine.

Category: Code

Reproducibility: Sometimes

Online/Offline: Online

Important Note: You cannot reproduce this bug if you host the server locally, you must join someone else's server. (I think) I get endless reports of my map cycle disappearing on my locally hosted servers but I never experienced it once until I joined someone else's server.

Screenshots:

fTTtRjh.jpg

iGxoG0A.jpg

BbrmUhb.jpg

Last edited: