Map Cycle Limit Exceeded?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Fjid89

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 7, 2017
I ran into the issue of my map cycle not saving all the maps to the cycle. After reading here about using the basic editor, I tried that but it still wouldn't save all the maps to one cycle.

I have found a solution to this problem though. If you open config/KFWeb.ini and change under ​​​​​​​[IpDrv.WebConnection] to the following, you will be able to add more maps to a single cycle. I have not noticed any negative effects on the server from this.

Change:
MaxValueLength=4096
MaxLineLength=4096

To this:
MaxValueLength=8192
MaxLineLength=8192

Hope this will help everyone who likes to have lots of custom maps like myself.

johnsonpk

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 21, 2015
Fjid89;n2283273 said:
I ran into the issue of my map cycle not saving all the maps to the cycle. After reading here about using the basic editor, I tried that but it still wouldn't save all the maps to one cycle.

I have found a solution to this problem though. If you open config/KFWeb.ini and change under ​​​​​​​[IpDrv.WebConnection] to the following, you will be able to add more maps to a single cycle. I have not noticed any negative effects on the server from this.

Change:
MaxValueLength=4096
MaxLineLength=4096

To this:
MaxValueLength=8192
MaxLineLength=8192

Hope this will help everyone who likes to have lots of custom maps like myself.

Can I do this ?

MaxValueLength=999999
MaxLineLength=999999

NED79

Sep 8, 2015
johnsonpk;n2283358 said:
Can I do this ?

MaxValueLength=999999
MaxLineLength=999999

We are currently @ 535 maps on our server (soon to be 550+). I'll try the 999999 and report back if it works.

Edit: I modified the values to 999,999 on both lines, saved and then reset the server. I was able to add 26 additional maps to Map Cycle 1. Before this change Map cycle 1 would not even accept 1 additional map.

It looks like this line change does indeed work.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: