[Fix] Map crashes fixed.

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Lavalampdrinker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 30, 2009
As few may know, I am the guy whom game crashed on every map except Apartments, Grainelevator, Spartanovka and Butovo (custom map). I have had this problem since the first patch and had recently given up on the game, waiting for a new patch (the problem persisted in the current beta).

For reasons of destiny, yesterday I did some updates and played with my computer settings a bit. I randomly decided to launch RO2 and when pavlov

Last edited:

[TW]redeye

Programmer
Jun 21, 2010
Roswell, GA
Thanks for coming back and posting your results. I recall multiple posts from you regarding struggling to run the game. This should definitely benefit other people with similar problems.

Can you mention once again whether you are running 32bit or 64bit Win7? Also, can you isolate which change exactly fixed your issue? I wouldn't recommend downgrading the drivers to test, but can you turn off the '3gb switch' to see if that is what fixed the issue for you? It would be great to know the cause for this problem (you know, for science :p)

Crusader762

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 8, 2012
I found the command prompt. I enter bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072 and it says:

An unknown command was specified.
Run "
bcdedit /?" for command line assistance.

Ok...

I'm trying "set IncreaseUserVa 3072" and it says:

Environment variable IncreaseUserVa 3072 not defined.

I'm confused.

Crusader762

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 8, 2012
"The boot configuration data store could not be opened.
Access is denied"

What is that?

Am I doing this right? What EXCATLY do I type in the cmd prompt?

Lavalampdrinker

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 30, 2009
You have to start cmd with administrator rights and type bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072 . The you have to restart.

Crusader762

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 8, 2012
You have to start cmd with administrator rights and type bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072 . The you have to restart.

I went to cmd and typed "administrator rights" and it didn't work.

It's not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

how do I start cmd with administrator rights?

When I just type this: "bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVa 3072" it says "An unknown command was specified."

Last edited:

Dr.Phibles

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 7, 2011
just copy and paste whats the guy types in the first post into the command thing for this to work (you have to use right click past as alt V doesnt work)

just recently started crashing since i gotta new gfx card sent all the reports this seems to have fixed it gonna need to do more testing to be sure tho :D

Last edited:

»»Preadator««

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 12, 2011
You do not think that every player should do it?
Knowing what problem, the team could solve the mass problem in the next patch.
When you can count on it?
Huge amount of people can not play on many maps, and they will not understand the problem, they just go to the server where running another card.

Last edited:

Khan_Tiger

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 7, 2013
This didn't work for me, despite the OP pretty accurately describing the issue that I'm having.

HEADSHOT676

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 10, 2015
As few may know, I am the guy whom game crashed on every map except Apartments, Grainelevator, Spartanovka and Butovo (custom map). I have had this problem since the first patch and had recently given up on the game, waiting for a new patch (the problem persisted in the current beta).

For reasons of destiny, yesterday I did some updates and played with my computer settings a bit. I randomly decided to launch RO2 and when pavlov