• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Map Cooking Tip

danh

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 19, 2012
Hi guys! I wanted to share some tips on cooking maps. You should refer to the cooking guide that is stickied in this forum before reading on.

I created a bat file so I can automate the cooking process without having to type in the commands over and over. It is very easy.

Step 1.
Open Notepad.

Step 2.
Type without quotations:

"cd Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Red Orchestra 2\Binaries\Win64"

This is my default directory for red orchestra. Please change it to yours if it is different from mine.

Step 3.
Type the following lines without the quotations:

"
rogame CookPackages -Platform=PC TE-yourmap -AlwaysRecookMaps -UpdateInisAuto -usermode -log

PAUSE

rogame CookPackages -Platform=PCServer TE-yourmap -AlwaysRecookMaps -UpdateInisAuto -usermode -log

PAUSE
"

Replace yourmap with the name of your map. Add other game types if you have to.

Step 4.
Save the file as a bat file. For example, you click on file and save as. Type in the name as "cooking.bat" without the quotations.

Enjoy and have a nice day!

this is the error I get.
RO2_error.png

Upvote 0
Did you set up the mapinfo? NVM, you used a sample map.

Well, I just tried to cook one of the sample maps and it worked fine. I don't know what is wrong with your map. Did you save anything that isn't your map? Like when you click exit after editing your map, did more props/packages pop up asking you to save them?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Did you set up the mapinfo? NVM, you used a sample map.

Well, I just tried to cook one of the sample maps and it worked fine. I don't know what is wrong with your map. Did you save anything that isn't your map? Like when you click exit after editing your map, did more props/packages pop up asking you to save them?

I recall something like that, the editor asked but if I recall it right. I didnt save anything. :eek:

Upvote 0