• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Map Cooking Tip

Intel Xeon CPU [email protected], 8Gt ram, win7 64bit, which should be enough. And I am logged in as admin. I have tried this with my laptop at homa and with this pc at work. Both give same error. I was wondering could it be with my Finnish win7 what causes this? Because its about only thing whats common with these computers.

There seems to be cooking issues with the new build. have you opted in beta? if so, thats your problem. stay tuned they're working on fix.

Upvote 0
I tested my map in my own server in game. But for some reason the shadows didn't draw very far away? Here's the sshot:
RO2_shadows.png

I also got error from somw 2D texture, and my water doesn't show up in game. Even it shows perfectly in editor. What is the best material for water?

edit:
Here's how the lighting shows up in editor (also the water shows up if you watch carefully.)
RO2_shadows_editor.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried cooking my map for the first time last night and had problems similar to Viceman. I tried cooking with the "publish" button editor, the Wiki tips and Danh's .bat file but had no luck with any of them. I haven't tried cooking in Admin. mode yet.

Map is saved in the C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Unpublished folder. I made a few custom assets and the map has its own package saved (properly saved? who knows :confused:)

I get a "gametype not supported" error (or something like that) even though everything is OK in MapInfo (set to gametype=Territories). I copied and pasted the verbiage directly from both the Wiki and Danh's .bat file post as well as typing it in manually. Never opted-in to the most recent Beta but recieved the update and have been able to play the game and use the SDK just fine since the February update went live. I know it's something I'm doing but I can't figure out what. I'm not real good at this computer stuff :eek:

Upvote 0