• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] Battle of Kursk: Belenikhino

Love this map. I had a great match on TAT earlier, where I played two rounds. I have to say it's the best tank map so far for RO2 IMHO. I know it's a WIP, but I just think the terrain is too barren, sometimes it looks like we're in the middle of a desert. The map coud use some more green.

There could also be some tree lines in the middle of the fields, like we see in DH, for concealment and ambushes. The Russian spawn could get some improvements as well, since my asshole clanmate Sarkis was spawnkiling everyone there. Overall, you did a great job, Six_ten. The map give us BDJ fans a nice nostalgic feel :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
Neat map. Few bugs.

Lots of places where the incline aiming bug shows up. In other words, the round falls 10s of meters from the aim point. Or that could just be the fact the gun is ranged for 300 meters to cross the vertical cross-hair. I'd prefer they were parallel, like in RO1. It seems excessive for that, as it should be maybe 2 or 3 meters off at 1000 meters.

Also, I don't know if this happesn all the time, but when the Soviets had the 2 East points, there were no spawn points available to choose.

Upvote 0
Ran out of AP shells several times!
There are so many targets coming up at a pretty fast rate.

Had to use the smoke shells to survive long enough
to pound away with HE shells
and run for the reload points firing over the rear deck

Sounds harrowing! How are the teams fighting? Have you seen any good flanking or is it a straight out brawl?

Upvote 0
Sounds harrowing! How are the teams fighting? Have you seen any good flanking or is it a straight out brawl?

Playing as a Panzer I notice T-34's ( 1 - 3 ) keep showing up from the sides
after engaging more from a different angle.

I happen to think that is good as it raises anxiety and keeps you on your toes.

They will often be flat out going very fast to their next cap and don't stop to engage
unless I hit them with shell or long range mg fire.

As a T-34 I have mostly had the whole company following me with the "follow me" command as commander
and was playing around with massed attacks.

I haven't been able to get enough time on this weekend yet
to fully get a solid sense of it yet but I'll be on tonight for sure -
hopefully to get in a couple hours or more.

Oh and the Rocket attacks finally seem small on this map. 12 impacts?
Still haven't timed a rocket attack right to hit anything but
they seem like they button up from near misses.

Upvote 0
Played the map about a dozen times now,mostly against bots,but here are a couple of observations:
The Allies can get to and cap D, well before the Axis get anywhere near A, the screenshot shows the Allies have capped D,while the Axis (me) are only halfway to A.
The Allies can have 3 spawns,but the Axis only one.
Ammo runs out very quickly, and the resupply points are far too few and too far away to be of any use.

Edit:forgot to add that the command widget on the Allied team has only 3 obj. instead of 4 "D" is missing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played this map with 5 human players and a couple of dozen AI, so I cannot give real info on gameplay, except that long-range shooting is awesome! It was really needed for this game and Six_Ten delivered. Good work.

One thing I noticed was that when you are unhatched and zoom in, some of the closer ground loses details rather than increases details. Like a brown part of the ground suddenly changes color and looks like a background texture.

I will try to take screenies next time I check your map.

Upvote 0
I don't know why but when I try to join the RGN and the HELL servers running Kursk, I cannot, due to some missing MG34 tripod. Are they running an old tank MG mutator or something?

I encountered that on several servers. Removed and downloaded the map again and I was finally able to join a server. Don't know if it was a coincidence or not.

Upvote 0
I don't know why but when I try to join the RGN and the HELL servers running Kursk, I cannot, due to some missing MG34 tripod.

I think this might be a similar problem to what Bridges of Druzhina is experiencing. Although the error message is different for that map.

I did some testing on the Aussie / NZ server this morning and found that the Bridges of Druzhina, Kursk and Gumrak Station all run into similar problem during map changes. Often if the map change is from another custom map.

What I am doing with the Aussie / NZ server until its all fixed is manually change to these custom maps throughout the night.

Its obviously not ideal but at least peeps can play these new maps.

Reactions: Six_Ten
Upvote 0
I think this might be a similar problem to what Bridges of Druzhina is experiencing. Although the error message is different for that map.

I did some testing on the Aussie / NZ server this morning and found that the Bridges of Druzhina, Kursk and Gumrak Station all run into similar problem during map changes. Often if the map change is from another custom map.

What I am doing with the Aussie / NZ server until its all fixed is manually change to these custom maps throughout the night.

Its obviously not ideal but at least peeps can play these new maps.

Just make sure there is a stock map before and after each custom map, and you'll get no problems.

Upvote 0
Had a go of this on server last night. Nice work!

I did encounter one bit of odd behaviour. From the Commander/gunner seat on the T34, I couldn't order my driver to move anywhere. The widget would show up but the driver just wouldn't move the tank. I also found I couldn't mark Arty or issue move orders using the binoculars - seemed like the widget was being drawn right on the objective lens of the binoculars, so any orders issued were right on my position. This is a problem because the long range makes the non-binoculars widget hard to use accurately.

That could of course be a game bug and not related to the map, not enough experience in tanks to be certain.

Upvote 0