• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map [MAP] AltMoabit 1A

Dziga Vertov

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2013
Hey,

This is a map I have been working on specially for the IOM, set in Berlin in the last days of the war. It takes its location from the awesome RO1 map made by EvilHobo, although I have entirely changed the layout to reflect what I found in US aerial reconnaissance sources from 1944. It is still in an alpha stage, but I wanted to make it available a little early just to get some feedback on it.

Right now there are no bots, this is partly due to them causing difficult to understand crashes at the moment when properly pathed, but I am not certain they will ever be in because a large part of the map involves verticality they cannot really take advantage of. I already am looking into aesthetic issues especially with the walls right now, as well as several places that cause the player to get snagged and overly steep terrain. Lastly, I am fighting the never ending battle of optimization. Right now I get about 60-50 fps almost all the time, but the view distance is shorter than I'd like, and the fps does seem to occassionally drop.

Hopefully with the help of the IOM team, when this map is finally released it will be able to have 1945 accurate weapons and equipment. For now, it is available to try out with just placeholders, and I am rapidly working to shore things up and smooth things out.

Any feedback is welcome, particularly with regards to how this map should be properly balanced, where a cap could be placed better, or where something like barricades should be made destructable.

[EDIT] Latest Version TE-AltMoabit13A: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrn4dql4l1a45gm/TE-AltMoabit13A.roe?dl=0

Last edited:
After tonight's game things seemed really interesting. Some things seem buggy like the cap points being unlocked for most of the map, plus the lighting was a bit weird in places, but I imagine that is easily noted. Same with the clipping of some parts of the map (flying over hills before walking through walls).

The thing that stood out as a bit off was a couple of the Russian spawn points past... C? Caps were all over so cant remember which point it was. Germans in the cap area could directly fire onto the spawning Russians.

The upper floor caps were a little confusing at first, but that may just be people needing to get used to them. First 4 caps felt cool, plus the total ruin of the town gave a good atmosphere. Later versions should be interesting.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the feedback Scum. Your right that the lighting is off, the version today had no static lighting at all, this is already fixed in 11A. As for the caps though, I really have no idea why the later caps are doing such wonky things, I have replaced some of them but I think I will probably just have to gut the entire objective system and start from scratch. Instead of the 3 large buildings, the alley, and the railway getting capped at once, I think I will just have to have them cap one at a time for now until I can figure these bugs out. Also, I will probably move the respawns around again once I get all these bugs ironed out so that they aren't able to be shot at immediately, but it is honestly hard to find a location where the germans can't see you right away since they have the rooftops.

The clipping issues are going to take a really long long time to sort out, because there are so many pieces of destruction that look like they are fine but for whatever reason do not act fine during gameplay, and the terrain is too steep in many places because I earlier reduced its complexity as an optimization, but then realized it didnt help much anyways.

Upvote 0
Updated the map to version 13A in the OP. Latest version readds static lighting, fixes the capzone captures and map bugs, should make all ladders less work better, and adds in spawn protection. Still haven't gotten to most clipping issues yet.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrn4dql4l1a45gm/TE-AltMoabit13A.roe?dl=0https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrn4dql4l1a45gm/TE-AltMoabit13A.roe?dl=0

Incredible work and progress , Dziga ! love the immersion . also tested on [SK] (FR) server . Will be played next tuesday evening on IOM FR community server again . think more and more players will join and like it .

screen10.jpg

Kindest regards !
:):IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for the support guys. Just tried it out on the francais server a minute ago, seems to still have some bugs with the capture meter not showing up, though they seemed to be fine when I ran it in the workshop. If anyone has any ideas how to fix this bug let me know, and I will gladly fix it.

Cannonball had a similar problem once and I thought it had something to do with mixing roObjectives and rsObjectives

Upvote 0