• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Manual Or Automatic ?

Manual Or Automatic ?

• Manual

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • Automatic

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters
Your point?

(and I already don't buy the pedantic manual>auto argument, so don't waste your time)

:IS2:
As I said in my reply, my comment was just a tease and I agree with Gudenrath that my statement was technically uneducated, reason why I looked it up.

However, the point I was making is that without that third pedal, it isn't a real manual.

Granted, it's not much of a point, just a personal opinion, therefor I was just teasing. Sorry if I was being an *** :eek:

(If anything I can say I am quite jalous of your TDI, I am certain it will treat you well for a very long time)
Mine has 420000km on it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Manual all the way. I'm even converting my '69 Ranchero to a manual, and I already converted my '90 5.0 convertible to a 5-speed.

My '70 Mercury Cyclone is a 351C with an auto. I plan on putting my 429 in it, and C6 automatics are much cheaper to stick in there when you don't have the 4-speed accessories (Clutch pedal, linkage, etc.) and you already have the C6 ready to go.

Upvote 0
For work I might prefer automatic. Just cause Im lazy. But then again, manual accelerates faster for getting in tight spaces. (assuming your really good at judging speed and distance) You will get good at it if you drive 50k a year in tight traffic.

If its a car that I drive for fun, then manual all the way. But then again, driving a car is not fun if you do it all day.

So I guess I vote automatic, since I want to talk on phone, smoke, eat or anyhing else while Im driving.

Upvote 0
Meh, both have their place.

If I'm out for a 'spin', a manual is fine. If I'm on a trip with the wife, give me an automatic.

But after 43 years of driving everything from manual 3speed floor shifters,to on the steering column manual shifters, to 5speed with-a-low-hole Mack Truck semi's, to powerglide automatics (no gear shifting), to the present 6speed automatics I lean toward the ease of letting the computer do the labor for me.....

As for needing a clutch, semi's have them but they are only used to begin rolling the truck. After that, you shift without the clutch using various rpm breaks.... Takes a little practice to keep from grinding the gears :eek:. Downshifting and failing to remember if you just came out of 10th or 9th or 11th can be 'interesting'......

The newer six speed automatics are actually more fuel effecient than their manual counterparts. Computer controlled shift points trump any effeciency a direct drive may have. :cool:

Upvote 0
I am sporty type of person so manual for me. If you are going to drive for "fun" (if you know what I mean) manual is way better. Also if you are going to drive offroad climbing and stuff you will need manual. I am not blaming the guys who prefer automatic tho. They just use the car to travel from A to B, they dont need the perfect RPM to be faster or something. As someone said - they are using the car just because teleportation do not exist. If you are going to race - manual is for you/me.

Upvote 0