• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Console Maneater Truth Quest PlayStation 5 Trophies issues.

Soufwar

Sep 24, 2021
UPDATE:
As of Wednesday November 17th 2021, this thread is no longer useful. The problem described below has been fixed with a patch. This thread is only up to archive the problem at this point.
If somehow you still have the same problem, update to the latest version of the game and try loading into the game. If you still have the same problem please start a new thread and explain in detail how its happening kindly and in a nice way (After all, you are asking for help, so be nice about it).
Good luck sharks.

Hi,

I have recently finished playing Truth Quest (Lots of fun, loved the conspiracies twist). Unfortunately, this isn't a friendly forum visit. So, I have been having issues with 4 trophies not being awarded when I have cleared the requirements for them.

*Island Queen:
Complete all objectives in the Plover Island Complex
*I Can Handle The Truth!:
Complete all available objectives in Truth Quest
*Fan Fare:
Eat all the Questers
*Perfect Timing:
Complete 100% of the Time Trials

If you need more information like screenshots, videos or even my save file. I will be more than happy to provide you with them to investigate and hopefully fix this issue. Thank you very much.

Last edited:
Edit 1:
Some important information that might have some sort of connection to the issue.
I am playing the PS5 native version on the PS5.
The version I am playing is the PS Plus version that was part of the Instant Game Collection a few months back.
Truth Quest is purchased and installed from a different account than the one I am reporting the trophies to be not unlocking from.

Upvote 0
I have been playing and have now got all trophy bar the two Infamy and the platinum. Restarted a new game and have just got Infamy 1, but no trophy still. Any advice?
I’d like to add to this—I filed a support ticket and was just told that it’s a known issue and they’re working on it. I noticed the patch released today, but no change, trophies are still not unlocking. Is this still being addressed?
This issue is being investigated and we are requesting save files for those that have the problem. If you could fill out a support ticket with a save file, it would be appreciated.

Upvote 0
This issue is being investigated and we are requesting save files for those that have the problem. If you could fill out a support ticket with a save file, it would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, in my case i am playing on the PS5. PS5 doesnt allow for transferring save files onto hard drives, only to upload them to the cloud with a PS Plus membership. Since i am not playing the PS4 version of the game on the PS5 i cant rip the save file off of a PS4 either. I am sorry i cant help you here. I provided all the details i think are relevant towards this situation. You can ask more questions if you'd like and i'd be more than happy to answer everything.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, in my case i am playing on the PS5. PS5 doesnt allow for transferring save files onto hard drives, only to upload them to the cloud with a PS Plus membership. Since i am not playing the PS4 version of the game on the PS5 i cant rip the save file off of a PS4 either. I am sorry i cant help you here. I provided all the details i think are relevant towards this situation. You can ask more questions if you'd like and i'd be more than happy to answer everything.
If you don't have PS+ to be able to grab the backup save information and put it on a flash drive to then send to us through support/ email, we understand. Thanks anyway.

Upvote 0
The fix for this is in today's update.

• Fixed a trophy bug on the PS5 trophy system where trophies could queue to become stuck and not process anymore trophies for the rest of the play session
    • Any earned trophies should now be processed when entering the appropriate area of Plover Island or Port Clovis

Upvote 0
If you don't have PS+ to be able to grab the backup save information and put it on a flash drive to then send to us through support/ email, we understand. Thanks anyway.
I wanted to reply to this first. The PS5 as of today does not allow for copying save files onto external hard drives/flash drives, they might update the system OS to allow for that in the future but it's not a current feature in consumer PS5s today. Idk if you're allowed to do that on an SDK, I thought I could do it on a normal PS5 but it turns out it's not a feature.
You can only upload your save files to the cloud if you have PS+ which I do. Like I said before, my copy of Maneater is the PS+ version, if I didn't have PS+ I wouldn't be able to start it in the first place lol
If I was playing the PS4 version on the PS5 I could just upload the save file to the cloud, switch to the PS4, download the save file on that system and then copy it to a flash drive and be able to send it. Since the PS4 allows for copying save files to external drives.
The fix for this is in today's update.

• Fixed a trophy bug on the PS5 trophy system where trophies could queue to become stuck and not process anymore trophies for the rest of the play session
    • Any earned trophies should now be processed when entering the appropriate area of Plover Island or Port Clovis
But none of that matters anymore because the patch is a success and to fixes everything, thank you and the whole team.
PS: The game looks stunning with Raytracing enabled.

Upvote 0
I'm having an issue with four trophies that do not activate in the main game like I described in thread "PS5, Not getting ANY trophies at all". I bought the DLC and not a single trophy is activating, if it helps you for investigation I can provide you my save file.

Download the update and try again, this new update patched all my trophy issues. You should retroactively get all your trophies unlocked.

Upvote 0
I wanted to reply to this first. The PS5 as of today does not allow for copying save files onto external hard drives/flash drives, they might update the system OS to allow for that in the future but it's not a current feature in consumer PS5s today. Idk if you're allowed to do that on an SDK, I thought I could do it on a normal PS5 but it turns out it's not a feature.
You can only upload your save files to the cloud if you have PS+ which I do. Like I said before, my copy of Maneater is the PS+ version, if I didn't have PS+ I wouldn't be able to start it in the first place lol
If I was playing the PS4 version on the PS5 I could just upload the save file to the cloud, switch to the PS4, download the save file on that system and then copy it to a flash drive and be able to send it. Since the PS4 allows for copying save files to external drives.

But none of that matters anymore because the patch is a success and to fixes everything, thank you and the whole team.
PS: The game looks stunning with Raytracing enabled.
Apologies if that's the case. I was going off their support site. https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/hardware/back-up-ps5-data-USB/
I thrilled the patch has worked out for you, though!

Upvote 0