• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater: Truth Quest Hotfix Is Now Live

Patch version:
Steam: Live
EGS: Live
PS4: 1.10
PS5: 1.000.007
XBox One : 1.0.13.0
Xbox Series S|X: 2.0.18.0
Gamepass: 1.0.53.0

Sharks,

We are happy to announce the latest update to Maneater is here and ready to make a splash! This update focuses on improving optimization to increase stability and performance on all platforms as well as additional checks to make sure players receive the proper rewards for completing objectives.

Memory optimizations and performance improvements
  • Included changes for
    • Evolution menu screen
    • VFX optimizations around gore chunks
    • Nutrient UI
    • Apex Predators
    • Bounty Bosses
    • Tweaks to the NPC spawning system to ensure intended populations
    • Optimizations for Xbox One base kits

Menu and UI
  • Adjustments to cursor snapping to icons on the overhead map

Gameplay
  • Further checks for unlocking achievement/trophies. Ensuring the player is properly rewarded with having those achievements/trophies unlocked
  • Fixed an issue where Questers would “bounce off” the shark when grabbed and eaten
  • Removed firefly FX that no longer matched with the Plover Island environment
  • Fix for a crash that can occur during the Terranova battle.
    • Hotfix includes a fix to prevent the crash from occurring as well as fixing any save issues that were caused by the crash. Players will receive credit for the completion of the Terranova battle if they have reached a point that is past the battle's story point.

Art Changes
  • Minor art changes to in game billboards
  • Fixed an issue with wave height in the Fawtick Bayou region

Entitlement
We are actively looking into reports of players not having or losing ownership of Truth Quest. Unfortunately this is not something that we have been able to replicate completely in house, but we are still investigating and working with the community to resolve this problem. Thank you to those who have and continue to provide information to our community team on this topic.

Despite this we have been able to make some modifications for Hotfix 1(this update):
  1. Targeted change for EGS
    1. We were able to determine where a delay in Entitlement recognition could occur on the Main Menu. Here the user would see on the Main Menu that Truth Quest was not owned, but eventually ownership would be recognized. We are reviewing how to apply this to other platforms currently and hope to have news on that front shortly
  2. Small improvements to entitlement for all platforms
    1. There were modifications to general entitlement checks throughout the game

For those who have encountered this problem there are few items we can recommend to try, that have assisted other community members:
  • On EGS, report of cleaning the launcher web cache
  • Reinstalling the game
  • Time. Some have reported that eventually the purchase “went through”. With no additional changes or downloads occurring
  • Check to see if there is anything in the download queue, this would apply to consoles

Thank you for your continued support! As always, be sure to join the conversation at the official forums and let us know what you want to see next in the waters of Maneater or report any issues you may be experiencing.

I work for Tripwire and run this stuff.
View all 245 featured items
Still, no trophies pop for me. Do I need to start the whole game over again?
Trophies didn’t work for me either. I’m on PS5. No pop for atomic Bomb, electric burn, shadow killer and 4 Star rank. I went in with my main save nothing happened. Then I tried redownloading from the PS cloud and redoing the opening part of the DLC to kill the electric shark again (essentially as if I never played the DLC) and it didn’t work either.

Upvote 0
This update fixed exactly zero of the issues I am experiencing in my game.

Terranova is still defeated, with the objective marker for beating the Bounty Boss still floating in the ocean doing nothing when I get to it, no achievement for beating Terranova awarded. And no way to advance the story whatsoever because the game thinks I haven't beaten her.

I made a post in bug reports that has received zero replies, and I added a comment to the original post about this update. Doesn't seem to have mattered. This is supremely frustrating. Nothing about the game behaves ANY differently after the patch.

I am using the new version posted above, on Series X.

Upvote 0
Trophies didn’t work for me either. I’m on PS5. No pop for atomic Bomb, electric burn, shadow killer and 4 Star rank. I went in with my main save nothing happened. Then I tried redownloading from the PS cloud and redoing the opening part of the DLC to kill the electric shark again (essentially as if I never played the DLC) and it didn’t work either.
My achievements also have not popped (specifically Four Star Rank on Xbox). Progress still unavailable due to game breaking bug.

Upvote 0
This update fixed exactly zero of the issues I am experiencing in my game.

Terranova is still defeated, with the objective marker for beating the Bounty Boss still floating in the ocean doing nothing when I get to it, no achievement for beating Terranova awarded. And no way to advance the story whatsoever because the game thinks I haven't beaten her.

I made a post in bug reports that has received zero replies, and I added a comment to the original post about this update. Doesn't seem to have mattered. This is supremely frustrating. Nothing about the game behaves ANY differently after the patch.

I am using the new version posted above, on Series X.

Thank you for letting us know that this update hasn't solved the issue you are experiencing, I've passed it along to QA for further investigation

Upvote 0
I have completed the game 100% 3 times and still the following trophies haven’t popped…even after this update…I thought you were tough, the new apex predator and the platinum. I am on ps5. This has really put a downer on my experience. Really not happy these haven’t popped after the ‘fix’. My psn id is Lander633

Upvote 0
Which trophies on what exact platform? Will ask QA to investigate what could be happening here.
I am currently playing on the PS5 on the PS5 version of the game. i completed the game 100% and were missing some trophies. I hopped on today after the update and the trophies still did not pop. I started a new game file and were still not getting trophies where I was supposed to such as reaching teen growth. The ones I am missing are Growing Up, On Your Own, Wiser, Ruler of the Deep, Queen of the Ocean, Gator Meat, Delicious, Pound It, This is My Movie, Tricks Didn’t Help Ya, I Thought You Were Tough, The New Apex Predator, Survived Again, Vengeance is Mine and finally the Tourist trophy. Could we please get a fix for this soon! 🙏🙏

Upvote 0
Yoshiro, I’d recommend you look into all trophies for the DLC rather than asking users for the ones affected as you’ll find all of them in one way or the other will not pop.

I have bought the DLC and had to stop right at the start because even the ‘I see site P’ trophy is not popping when arriving at the Plover complex. PS5 I should add.

It really is frustrating, trophies in gaming and for gamers are important and have been for a while so is very poor that these haven’t been tested correctly even post a hot fix.

Upvote 0
Yoshiro, I’d recommend you look into all trophies for the DLC rather than asking users for the ones affected as you’ll find all of them in one way or the other will not pop.

I have bought the DLC and had to stop right at the start because even the ‘I see site P’ trophy is not popping when arriving at the Plover complex. PS5 I should add.

It really is frustrating, trophies in gaming and for gamers are important and have been for a while so is very poor that these haven’t been tested correctly even post a hot fix.
"I see site P" is the only one popping for me :mad: frustrating like you said..

Upvote 0

We are investigating everything, but are trying to find common threads between those impacted and in what ways to try and determine what isn't working and why here.

All of these items have worked in testing, and our retail testing, and don't impact the majority of users as far as we are tracking.

Upvote 0
No problem Yoshiro, I’m assuming it won’t be anything to do with Maneater playing on disc and Maneater playing from the free PS Store monthly version downloaded online?

Mine is online download and on PS5.

Hope you resolve soon, will keep an eye here and jump back in when fixed.
Mine is the PS5 version digitally purchased from the PS store, and I am playing on a PS5. It’s not the PS4 application, it’s the PS5 one. Mine was not the PS plus version or whatever.

I saw others on Reddit, Twitter, and On the PSN profiles forum. I wonder if it is the PS5 application that has issues since it is separate app from the PS4 application? I didn’t have any issues with the trophies on the base game and got the platinum. It’s the DLC ones that are not working.

Upvote 0