• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater Sequel/Prequel Suggestions

Hansuke

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 15, 2022
Dear Yoshiro... I've been thinking it would be nice to have a sequel or prequel to the game Maneater. And since you practically confirmed it in the discord server, I thought, "Why not create a forum for suggestions?" So, here I am. I hope some of these ideas interest you. Enjoy.

Sequel:

1. - Let us reach level 50 instead of 30/40 at the max, as it just feels wrong to have 40 as the max level.
2. - I suggest when we reach level 50, we reach a new shark size called Omega. It would be very fitting for the sequel, as we never got Omega City in the first game.
3. - Also, when we reach the new shark size, I recommend a 14-15 meter shark. You'd be 11 meters by the time you reached level 50 and are Mega, so I think an increase of 4 meters would be great for this game.
4. - Create a brand new song for the intro with the same badass American music after you complete the first story mission/tutorial.
5. - Regarding story elements, I would like it to be inspired by Omega City.
6. - I would also like to have more shark sets. I think a shark with a laser would be hilarious and stupid fun to use.
7. - I want a replay story mode, where you can select any chapter from the game and replay it. That's the biggest problem I had with the first game since it got so repetitive over time.
8. - Longer game overall, Maneater seems to only be around 8 hours long, which only gives us 8 hours to experience a completely new game. And with Truth Quest, around 12 hours total to my knowledge. Still isn't all that impressive considering the playtime of most video games. I want an 18-24 hour story mode, where it takes longer to level up.
9. - I want this game to be more story-based, rather than gameplay. As soon as you fix a few bad things in the PvE, I think we can have good shark combat. And one more thing while I'm on this suggestion, I would like us to become an 'Omega' shark after the final boss fight. It would be as if we've ascended after the final confrontation.
10. - Lastly, I want an online mode in any shape or form where you can play as a shark with your buddies, or possibly even a split-screen mode. May be wishful thinking, but I don't want to regret not suggesting this.

Prequel:
1. - Let us experience the story of how Pete's father died, and similarly to my suggestion for the sequel.
2. - I do want a longer game, but I also think if you made this game relatively short mainly as a test for new mechanics to create the real Maneater 2, it would be forgivable to be between 4 and 5 hours. Though I would prefer a longer game, I'd rather wait another 2 years after this release to get a good game rather than a mediocre game with a glitchy combat system. It would be better to have all the glitches in the Prequel, so it can act as a test for everything new.
3. - If you make a prequel, I want it to be on PS4 and XBOX One, as well. There's no reason not to do this unless the game's release will be in a year and a half or more.
4. - I want pretty much everything else to be the same as what I suggested for the sequel, but I don't think an online mode would fit a prequel very well.

Thank you for reading, have a nice day.

I always thought it'd be cool if they continued in the same vein as the first game - make it a nature documentary show with the brilliant commentary as you play. Chris Parnell was perfect for this role, hope you can secure him for the sequel.

Except THIS time around instead of a man-eating shark, you play as a man-eating tiger or some other big cat.

I know this is probably not what you were asking for in the way of suggestions for a sequel but I just think it would truly be a step up from what the team was able to do with this first title. The idea of all the power ups and upgrades a mutated safari lion/tiger type animal would wield and the fun factor of traversing a jungle as an apex predator cat. You could even go prequel with it and make it like ancient civilization and do a sabertooth cat type deal! Man I'm tellin you, Maneater 2 - Here Kitty, Kitty. Y'all would be legends for that one 💯

Upvote 0