• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Maneater: Questions

MegaShark21

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 18, 2020
Hey, I’ve been waiting for Maneater to be released for a while now, and during that time, along with watching a few live-streams and other content relating to it, I’ve had a lot of time to think about the game.

If there is anything that I ask that may be of use, to the game or otherwise, feel free to use it.

1. Is it possible to turn of Chris Parnell’s narration?
I believe there are some times where you want to stay focused in the game, like seeing the sights or fighting large creatures. The narration would be drawing their attention away, taking them out of that moment of awe or engagement with what they were doing. This could benefit those who just wants to play as a warmongering serial killer shark, wanting to ignore the reality T.V show aspect to see the blood rain.

2. Is there any kind of love interest or any friendly ways to interact with other Bull Sharks?
This would be an interesting thing to see, since the heads (live-streams and Online Q&A’s) have said that there are other Bull Sharks, which could lead to some interesting interactions with our main female shark. Of course, the player can just bite the other sharks to pieces, but it would be interesting to see some kind of pack hunting or something similar from friendly Bull Sharks.

3. Will we see evolutions from different shark types, like the Saw from a Sawfish or a Thresher shark’s tail?
The main public have seen crazy evolutions so far, being able to use fire, electricity and becoming harder to tank more damage, but what about simpler things? For example, a Thresher Shark’s tail would increase the range and damage of the the Tail Whip ability, along with sending objects flung from your mouth further and does more damage (actually that sounds OP). The Sawfish Saw could give the shark a lunge ability where it digs its Saw into the creature, impaling it, and swinging from side to side dealing damage until the creature either gets cut in half or you get dislodged from the creature.

4. Are there any friendly NPC’s?
I touched on this in Question 2 with the friendly Bull Sharks, but what if there were friendly humans that were helping the shark by sabotaging electric fences or opening or closing doors for you? That would be really interesting to see. May you be working for the bad guy or the good guy? Is there a good guy and bad guy? That can be decided by you as the shark or through the story mode.

5. How many NPC’s did you have to make?
From the PAX livestream, we saw a group of animals and humans being made for the game, such as the Groupers and Divers. The gameplay shown also diversifies the amount of creatures to fully immerse you in a new environment. I can guess about maybe 400 creatures altogether, give or take a hundred.

6. What’s it feel like to create your own version of JAWS?
JAWS was such a media success when it was first released in 1975, with the amazing visuals and story, along with the Shark. The whole team has basically made their own horror icon with the implementation of this Bull Shark, which is definitely scarier and more dangerous than a Great White.
Also, little sub question, who do you guys think would win? Bessy (my name for our shark), of JAWS?

7. Is there any kind of Extra where we can see the models of the creatures in the game, such as Endless Ocean or JAWS: Unleashed, or is there a spectator mode where we can watch a creature like in Abzu?
Some people really want to get a good look at the models and details of the creatures, and to see what they do when you aren’t eating them. Either a spectator mode or an Extra feature would be a great way to study the look and detail of the creatures, along with how they act with other creature, e.g. the catfish.

8. I know this sounds stupid, but is a Sandbox mode possible?
Now hear me out, I know it sounds ridiculous, Maneater isn’t a Shark Simulator game. But, a Sandbox mode would be a really fun mode to play around with, players could create new maps, new creatures, or they could challenge themselves and add bosses or large creatures to fight with.

I’m excited to hear any feedback on any of these questions/ideas. Thanks for creating this amazing game!

1) Not currently. As the core of the game is an RPG experience, Chris Parnell acts as the voice of our player shark.

2) Only the love of the Sea

3) There are two different types of evolution, exterior and interior organs. They draw from both the real world and the fantastic.

4) You are a shark, and things naturally fear you, this includes all humans. Even if they don't want to kill you.

5) We have a pretty diverse lot, but it isn't 400 at this time

6) We put our bets on our player shark over Bruce (from Jaws)

7) Not at launch, but this is something we are considering for down the road

8) If by sandbox you mean modding kit, that is not something that we have planned for launch, but it is something we are looking into seeing if we can support at some point.

Upvote 0
Are there any salt water crocs in the game? I know about the alligators but crocs are different.

Will you get to battle killer whales and white sharks?

Will you get to eat land animals and gulls?

Are there any walruses,sea snakes,more eels etc in the game?

If you injure a swimmer will it attract other sharks and alligators to it?

Upvote 0
Are there any salt water crocs in the game? I know about the alligators but crocs are different.

Will you get to battle killer whales and white sharks?

Will you get to eat land animals and gulls?

Are there any walruses,sea snakes,more eels etc in the game?

If you injure a swimmer will it attract other sharks and alligators to it?

1) Currently no

2) There are some scary creatures in the deep, and we aren't ready to talk or show them all of just yet

3) Just humans for now

4) There is quite a bit of aquatic life, but it is not exhaustive. We hope to be able to keep adding more post release. Currently none of those are in game

5) No, that isn't a feature. The game isn't a shark simulator and we didn't feel like such a system would add to the core gameplay.

Upvote 0
The game mentions Apex Predator Bosses eg Rosie the alligator. We have to kill them to move on.

Question

If I kill Rosie will there be other alligators I can kill in freeroam?

Same with other predators.

Edit

Nevermind

I've seen a picture with 2 gators swimming so once you kill the boss gator you still get to fight other gators.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: DepthChampion
Upvote 0